Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

GroupWise Messenger - Send a Message sometimes opens Send a File

We've got a weird bug that's annoying lots of users here.  If I click "Send a Message", then "Find User", type in a user, click next and then double-click the user to open up a Conversation dialog, quite often the "Send a File" dialog also opens.

Similarly, if I click "Send a File" and go through the same process as above, sometimes "Send a File" doesn't open and I just get the Conversation dialog.

Anybody else seen this, or know if it's fixed in 18.3?  We're running Messenger 18.2.1

Thanks Kevin

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just ran through it and can duplicate exactly according to your steps.  It looks to me like they linked the correct action to the wrong option in the interface.

I'll see if I can't get 18.3 installed in the next hour or so and see what that version does.

Bert

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I already had the 18.3 backend set up on lab server. Connecting the 18.2.1 client to the 18.3 backend I can no longer duplicate the issue. I really expected this to be a client side issue but it looks like it might be fixed in the 18.3 code.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks for testing this and I'm glad you could duplicate.

I agree it seems really odd that it's a server side issue, but I'm happy it's been fixed.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

So give Bert a hug and a like 😉

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.