Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

GroupWise Resource Rename Oddity

Running GW8.03 HF3 on fully patched Netware 6.5. Client build 105538 on Win XP.

We've recently renamed a couple of our GroupWise resources (both meeting rooms set as Places in their GW objects, both have been in place for years). Everything went fine, we created aliases for the old names and we can add new appointments. The accept/decline rules we have in place still run on them.

However, and I'm sure I'm not dreaming this, when you used to invite a Place to an appointment the client used to populate the Place field in the appointment automatically with the place you'd invited. Now it doesn't, this worked up until the rename, and I'm sure I didn't set anything up to make this happen, it did it out-of-the-box.

I have just tried creating a new Resource and it also doesn't put anything in there. So either I'm losing the plot or something odd is happening to new/modified Resources.

I have tried running an Analyze/Fix Databases (Structure Check) on the Meeting Room, it came back with no errors.

Any ideas? Or am I dreaming?

TIA,
Mark.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: GroupWise Resource Rename Oddity

No, I'm not dreaming, just found this in the help for the resource object.

--
Resource Type
Select the resource type. When a user schedules a Place resource, the resource description is automatically added to the Place field in the appointment.
--
So, for some reason it's not being populated 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mark,

Does this behavior happen to all your users, or just one?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

laurabuckley;2324953 wrote:
Hi Mark,

Does this behaviour happen to all your users, or just one?

Cheers,

Hmmm, OK, it's just me.
Everybody else seems to work fine. I am the resource owner and I did the rename.
I feel a user DB analyse coming on . . . .

M
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi M,

Before rushing into to do GWChecks.... if you go to a different PC and login to GroupWise, does the problem follow you?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

laurabuckley;2324969 wrote:
Hi M,

Before rushing into to do GWChecks.... if you go to a different PC and login to GroupWise, does the problem follow you?

Cheers,

Hi Laura,

On another PC works fine with my account. Very strange.

Mark.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mark,

That indicates that there is nothing wrong with your user db.

I suggest that you close GroupWise and Notify on the affected PC. Browse to the GroupWise directory - it's somewhere in "Program Files" delete the OFVIEWS directory. Replace it with a fresh copy from your SDD on your GroupWise server.

Then, start up GroupWise and test.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

laurabuckley;2324972 wrote:
Hi Mark,

That indicates that there is nothing wrong with your user db.

I suggest that you close GroupWise and Notify on the affected PC. Browse to the GroupWise directory - it's somewhere in "Program Files" delete the OFVIEWS directory. Replace it with a fresh copy from your SDD on your GroupWise server.

Then, start up GroupWise and test.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Thanks, for that. All working now.

All I had to do was close GroupWise and Notify and reopen and it started working properly, didn't even look at OFVIEWS. Before I did that I tried choosing create appointment for the Meeting Rooms from the Addressbook and that populated the right bits, it still didn't fix the issue when typing into a blank appointment though until the restart. I know the mantra of turn it off and back on again so well I should have tried it first, but the issue seemed so specific as to be some kind of config thing due to the rename.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mark,

Glad that it's all working for you. Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.