Commodore
Commodore

GroupWise Web Questions

A few day ago we installed and tried GroupWise Web for the first time. While the first impression is quite pleasing, a number of questions came up after some testing...

• There is currently absolutely nothing to customize in GW Web, correct? I just want to make sure that I did not miss something, since docker is new to me... but I did not find a configuration file not even "inside" the container with docker exec -it bash
    (For example we need to get rid of the password change feature, and we need to be able to exclude users from webmail)
  • There are no signatures?
  • There is no way to sort the list of mails (second column)?
  • GroupWise Web sends only text-only mails, no formating, no pictures and so on? (Personally I would love that, but most of our users won't!)
  • There is now way to change the position and size of mail editor window? On a standard Full HD screen it is way to small!
  • There is no way to change the width of the first colum? And there is no way to show the subfolders of a folder on top of the list in the second column?

I am asking all this because possibly I have just overlooked something? If not - will all this be available, when GW Web will replace GW Webaccess?

Edit, some more questions:

• Are there any logfiles?
  • Is there something like the HTTP console of the Webaccess Application?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Authentication is handled by the Post Office.  The SOAP authentication requests from both WebAccess and GroupWise Web are in the Verbose POA log files.  If you have the --spawnsoap switch enabled in your POA startup file then please note that SOAP creates it's own log files in the same location as the POA log files.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.