Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

GroupWise & Outlook & gwabp132.dll crash

Hi!
Windows 7 Pro SP1, Outlook 14.x, GroupWise Client 14.2.1.125534. Mostly we do use at site GWC, but on one computer user does use Outlook 14. After GWC 14.2 upgrade (before we had 14.0.2) on this one computer in Windows events we started see many (around 1500 since end of January when latest GWC was installed) gwabp132.dll errors such as ...
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 27.02.2017 10:02:55
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: Application Crashing Events
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Something
Description:
Faulting application name: SearchProtocolHost.exe, version: 7.0.7601.17610, time stamp: 0x4dc0c63a
Faulting module name: gwabp132.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58349058
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x55bf8210
Faulting process id: 0x65c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d27acf41d9b37c
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\sysWow64\SearchProtocolHost.exe
Faulting module path: gwabp132.dll

User haven't complained, so probably nothing bothers. But, any ideas how to ... resolve this? I mean, keeping both programs still available on this one computer.
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GroupWise & Outlook & gwabp132.dll crash

In article <NovAlf.7ukxm0@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, NovAlf wrote:
> User haven't complained, so probably nothing bothers. But, any ideas how
> to ... resolve this?

Being proactive, a good thing.

You could be just looking at some corruption along the way.

I would run through a basic Windows Maintenance of Disk Cleanup (and/or
CCleaner) along with a Disk Defragment if it isn't an SSD.
Perhaps uninstalling the GWC first, run through the cleaning, then
reinstall.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Well, I checked GWC installation log's, all right there. Before reinstall-try I rather prefer to dig a deeper, if possible. gwabp132.dll stands for Personal Address Book (MAPI Service) library. Here is interfered Windows indexing service (which can't be disabled while using Outlook). Not sure how to exclude this dll, if possible at all, to get involved during Outlook work. But, the truth is, with GWC 14.0.2 no such errors, so, something changed in GWC 14.2. Well, yes, some possibility is something went wrong during GWC upgrade (doubt of it). Interesting also that this dll is not showing with full path in error and wo a correct version, but this isn't so uncommon.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alar,

I run both GroupWise and Outlook 2013 simultaneously on my computer. I've doubled checked my Windows Events and can't find a single instance of this error. I then checked several other computers with the same result - no such errors.

As Andy said, it sounds like something is wrong with your install.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
"Found" another device where is same software installed and there no such errors in events. Can't figure out what is wrong with this particular device. Anyway, after I turned off indexing on this particular device I do not see those errors in events anymore. And, seems to, Outlook can live with that.
Terv, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.