Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Groupwise 18.1 Native Mac Mail not making as read.

Jump to solution

We are seeing a lot of our Mac users who are using the Native Mac App complaining that their iphones don't show emails as read, and looking into it.  If you go into webmail you can see there they aren't marked as read.

I've tried logging on to the mac and changing the settings via terminal to mark an email as read as soon as it's looked at. Using, "defaults write com.apple.Mail MarkAsReadDelay 0"

But some of the Mac Clients running different versions of OS X all at least 10.13.6 are seeing this issue.

Macs are the bane of my life and i think are going to force us into abandoning Groupwise for Office 365 which i hate the idea of but is going to happen here due to the fact we don't have a reliable client for Macs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Groupwise 18.1 Native Mac Mail not making as read.

Jump to solution

I stopped using the mac mail client a while ago. The issue is not GW related. The mac mail clienthas become very buggy. I have supported macs for a long time. If this a doable recommendation for you look at the spark email client. I am not saying it is perfect, but it is far more trustworthy to me that the built in mail app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

How are they connecting the Mac to GroupWise?   IMAP?    We don't have any outstanding bugs on this and we have others using it, it may help to open an SR with support so we can trouble shoot the issues and determine what is happening here.

Also,  have you tried the new GW Web client that shipped with 18.2 with your Mac users on the desktop and even on their phones?   It wasn't designed with the intention of being a Mac client but alot of customers are reporting that their Mac users are very happy with it.

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I stopped using the mac mail client a while ago. The issue is not GW related. The mac mail clienthas become very buggy. I have supported macs for a long time. If this a doable recommendation for you look at the spark email client. I am not saying it is perfect, but it is far more trustworthy to me that the built in mail app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.