Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Groupwise 18.2.1 gwcheck Expire Statistics not working?

Hi.

I just tried to get some Information from Groupwise via Expire Statistics (Items larger than and items older than), and couldn't believe the results, so I did some testing.

In my case, it's clearly broken. For instance, I run an Expire Statistics over my Mailbox, with "Items Larger than" 10000 Kilobytes, and the result is empty. Said Mailbox has a total of 10 Items (not shared, nor anything else) which are all larger than that. Two in fact are 1,9GB in size, but the expire statistics comes back empty.

I have the same results looking for Items older than 1000 Days, that produced exactly *one* Item over the whole postoffice, where in reality several hundred gigabytes of data in that PO is older than that.

Does it work for anybody in 18.2.1? 

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@mrosen 

Check your email  🙂

Pam

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

OMG, I found it.

Verbose logging on the gwcheck reveals the problem. The system in question has retention enabled, and Items that have not been "retained" are skipped:

Skipping item expire: item 156288 has not been retained...

That of course makes sense on an actual reduce job, but of course makes no sense whatsoever for Mailbox Statistics.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.