Highlighted
Account_Closed
Not applicable
1651 views

Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd Send

I had issues with Groupwise 2012 orginally that the gwia would come up "dead", so what I did was setup a cron job to down groupwise and start it up at 6:30 am and at 6:45 to do the same with Gwava 6. The email works fine for a couple days, then it stops transferring the emails from the gwia/send directory to the gwia/3rd/send. I have to restart the gwia so it will start sending again. This really has been annoying and I have had to be checking up on the gwia every day... The groupwise 2012 is on a SLES 11 SP1 GM and installed on a new server..
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd S

Have you installed SP1 for GroupWise 2012?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Re: Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd S

laurabuckley;2255550 wrote:
Have you installed SP1 for GroupWise 2012?

Cheers,


I did today.. I saw something about a fix for gwia crashes...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd S

Let us know if your GWIA still crashes now that you've applied SP1.

Thanks
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd Send

crobison wrote:

> I have to restart the
> gwia so it will start sending again. This really has been annoying and I have
> had to be checking up on the gwia every day...


In the meantime, while a solution is being searched for, you could simply enable
a cron job to restart the GWIA daily, every 12 hours, whatever you think it
needs to keep things going.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Time to upgrade to GW 2012!
http://www.caledonia.net/upgrade
http://www.facebook.com/caledonia.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Re: Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd S

Setup the cron job for both gwia and gwava to reload at 6:30 a couple months ago, but till have the issue. Since we made some changes in gwava we are waiting to see, looks like it might of been the gwava..


dzanre;2257485 wrote:
crobison wrote:

> I have to restart the
> gwia so it will start sending again. This really has been annoying and I have
> had to be checking up on the gwia every day...


In the meantime, while a solution is being searched for, you could simply enable
a cron job to restart the GWIA daily, every 12 hours, whatever you think it
needs to keep things going.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Time to upgrade to GW 2012!
http://www.caledonia.net/upgrade
http://www.facebook.com/caledonia.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd S

If I may ask.... what settings did you change in GWAVA?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Re: Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd S

Basically we had to change from checking incoming and outgoing email to just incoming... The other things where quarantine issues...

laurabuckley;2257783 wrote:
If I may ask.... what settings did you change in GWAVA?

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise 2012 stops sending transferring to Gwava 3rd S

OK - thanks for letting us know 🙂

Have you spoken to GWAVA support at all?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.