Highlighted
mfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise 2018 Client

Is anyone else just not getting used to the "Conversation Threading"? It seems badly implemented to me and just doesnt "work" - you cant even completely turn it off to have a 2014 view...it either has the daft bubble or the arrow!

Its a copied feature from other clients done in the worst way ive seen...its disappointing, our users are refusing the client and want the old one back and i understand where they are coming from :mad:
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
mfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 2018 Client

it can be turned off...thank god

Tools, Options, Environment, General - untick enable conversation threading (thanks to the bloke who responded in the ideas section on this)

It can be done at post office level as well to save the hundreds of calls from users about how horrendous it is.
0 Likes
highvoltage Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mfoster;2472838 wrote:
Is anyone else just not getting used to the "Conversation Threading"? It seems badly implemented to me and just doesnt "work" - you cant even completely turn it off to have a 2014 view...it either has the daft bubble or the arrow!

Its a copied feature from other clients done in the worst way ive seen...its disappointing, our users are refusing the client and want the old one back and i understand where they are coming from :mad:

Tools - options - Environment - General Uncheck "Enable conversation threading"

0 Likes
highvoltage Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I guess I did not read the post above mine to see that the way to turn it off was listed.

I figured out why everyone hates it. When you open the email it starts at the top and the latest messages are at or near the bottom. If it was to open like a text message then I think it would be great. If you are in a group text and some one posts to it, when you go and open the text it takes you to the last one you did not read. If this worked the same I think everyone would love it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.