Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Groupwise 2018 & Mobility 2018

Is it recommended to run GW 2018 on SLES 12 or can it remain on SLES 11?

If 12, should I upgrade SLES then perform GW upgrade (from 14.2)? It appears that Mobility 2018 must run on SLES 12, correct?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Groupwise 2018 & Mobility 2018

sles 11 sp 4 is fine. no need for upgrade to sles 12

Norman
BahSIG Bahn-Signalbau GmbH
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Considering that only SLES 11 SP4 is currently still in OS support I would recommend upgrading to SLES 12. I would not recommend running a business critical system on an unsupported OS. GMS 18 is only supported on SLES 12. As for the upgrade path... I'm still working on an opinion.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bkesting;2472349 wrote:
Is it recommended to run GW 2018 on SLES 12 or can it remain on SLES 11?

If 12, should I upgrade SLES then perform GW upgrade (from 14.2)? It appears that Mobility 2018 must run on SLES 12, correct?

SLES11 support was dropped for Mobility 18.

Upgrade to SLES12 first before attempting to install Mobility.

First thing you need to do is update postgres on the Sles11 server.
1. may want to backup the mobility databases:
pg_dump mobility -U datasync_user > /pathto/mobility-PG.bak
pg_dump datasync -U datasync_user > /pathto/datasync-PG.bak

2. Update postgres by running /opt/novell/datasync/tools/pgUpdate.sh

3. Upgrade to SLES12 SP2 or SP3. Older support packs are incompatible with Mobility.

4. Install Mobility 18

Good Luck

--Morris
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

hi,

just to clearify. gw 2018 can run on sles 11. i would recommend sp4. gms 18 needs to be installed on sles 12 sp2 or later.

Norman
BahSIG Bahn-Signalbau GmbH
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is worth noting depending on what your groupwise is running on!!

I would hold of upgrading an existing system to the latest oes18 if you happen to be using earlier oes versions as there seem to be a number of problems already (nss not starting properly , problems with the Web server not updating the configuration files) which will have a major impact on existing systems especially if you store your domain and post office on an nss volume.

Hope this is of interest. See the oes install section of the forum.

Regards

ChasR
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.