shawniverson2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
5090 views

Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Working

I am starting to get users that are upgrading to Internet Explorer 11.

I had this same problem in previous versions and was able to for IE8Emulation in the meta header for Web Access.

In IE 11, the IE8Emulation no longer resolves the issue. For giggles, I switched the server X-UA-Compatibility string to IE7Emulation. Problem still persists.

My email server is mail.rushville.k12.in.us. I can manually add this to the compatibility view list on a client and the problem goes away. However, I am dealing with hundreds of end users who expect this to "just work." Also, IE truncates the address to "k12.in.us" which really stinks because it breaks other websites that don't need compatibility mode. The "broken page" icon that used to be present in the URL bar also is gone.

Should I just upgrade and be done with it? Can anyone confirm or deny that this is an issue on GW2012?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
jmarshallfcc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Wor

We're having the same problem on 8.0.3. From what I've seen, 2012 also has issues with IE11:
Support | Mozilla 5 is not supported when logging into GroupWise 2012 WebAccess with IE11

That article was created about a month ago. It's been a month with no response to an issue related to GroupWise 2012, so I fear there's no hope for us on 8.0.3. In both cases, there's nothing new other than what you already know: Use compatibility mode, or just tell your users to switch to Firefox or Chrome. Neither are options for us. It gets old telling people to turn on compatibility mode every day. At least you're planning to upgrade to 2012. In our case, we're done fighting with GroupWise so we have to keep it running on 8.0.3 until we make the jump elsewhere.

Has anyone found a decent server-side workaround for this issue?

Joe
0 Likes
kees51 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Wor

We are still on 8.0.2. The send button works but the quoted text from the mail being replied to disappears and there are problems with attachments not being added. IE7 and IE8 in the server compatibility string both don't work as they did with previous IE versions. We also can't use compatibility mode because the domain name gets truncated and other subsites don't work if it is turned on.

It did make a difference where I added the compatibility string. If I added it only to the Apache config, the menu bar in the main webaccess window did not appear. When I added it at the bottom of head.inc, the css file that is sent with every page, the menu bar did appear and for a moment I thought I had solved it. Until the send problem appeared.

I hope a solution is forthcoming because it will be a while before we are able to upgrade to 2012.

Kees
0 Likes
kees51 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Wor

I have a partial solution. If you add the URL of your webmail server to the intranet sites list (via the advanced button) of IE11 it will be rendered in full compatibility mode. Not the trusted sites list, but the intranet sites. I can send mail and add attachments and everything with my GW 8.02 webmail via IE11 now.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Working

kees51 wrote:

> I have a partial solution. If you add the URL of your webmail server to the
> intranet sites list (via the advanced button) of IE11 it will be rendered in
> full compatibility mode. Not the trusted sites list, but the intranet sites. I
> can send mail and add attachments and everything with my GW 8.02 webmail via
> IE11 now.


You say "partial solution". Do you mean in that it's something that must be
manually done, or are you seeing issues that this solution does not fix?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
GroupWise 2014 is just around the corner - will you be ready?
http://bit.ly/cat-gw2014

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
kees51 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Wor

If you put the GW8 webmail URL in the intranet sites list it works perfectly on IE11 in my experience.

I said partial because this has to be done manually at every computer that has the problem. Or sent around with a policy or solutions like that.

Kees
cgrossman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Wor

kees51;2295989 wrote:
If you put the GW8 webmail URL in the intranet sites list it works perfectly on IE11 in my experience.

I said partial because this has to be done manually at every computer that has the problem. Or sent around with a policy or solutions like that.

Kees


Thank you! That helped.
0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Wor

Hi Forum,

is there a chance that there will be a fix for gw803 with IE11?
A Customer moves more and more users to IE11 and always has to add the webaccess URL to the Intranet sites and/or enable compatibility mode.
It turns out, sometimes it is quite difficult for ordinary users to do this by their own, even with instructions via phone...

I read the mentioned TID 7006771 and it seems even with an update to 2012 this would be a problem.

Will this be fixed in Windermere/2014 or will there be a fix for all version?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8.0.3 Internet Explorer 11 Send Button Not Working

On 1/27/2014 7:06 AM, bendeichp wrote:
>
> Hi Forum,
>
> is there a chance that there will be a fix for gw803 with IE11?
> A Customer moves more and more users to IE11 and always has to add the
> webaccess URL to the Intranet sites and/or enable compatibility mode.
> It turns out, sometimes it is quite difficult for ordinary users to do
> this by their own, even with instructions via phone...
>
> I read the mentioned TID 7006771 and it seems even with an update to
> 2012 this would be a problem.
>
> Will this be fixed in Windermere/2014 or will there be a fix for all
> version?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Cheers,
> Pascal
>
>

I would personally guess

Winderemere = definite fix
GW 2012 SP - probable fix, depending on scope.
GW 8 and previous - no chance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.