candaced Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise 8 Global Signature management

I have to set up a Global Signature for most users in one post office. It has to apply to all messages whether sent
1. from the client - easily done.
2. from webaccess - from older posts must be done on the GWIA, will the POST office and user level overrides be respected?
3. from the users blackberry through the BES. will this work through GWIA as well, The BES software does not support global signatures with GroupWise.

I need the signature to be on messages sent internally as well - ideally only when the messages crosses post offices ie: user1.post1 sends to user2.post2 but not when user1.post1 sends to user3.post1 and never for user4.post1 or allusers.post2

I only have one GWIA and when I go to the configuration page there it says it will use the default and that the default is set at GW_SYSTEM, how do I get to GW_SYSTEM is that the Domain?

I cannot have the signature on all messages that flow through the GWIA, do I have to set up a new GWIA?
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8 Global Signature management

* candaced,

I don't see a way to do this.
You define a global signature and then add it to domains, POs or users. Within the client options you define if it will be for internal or external addresses only, or both. The signatures will now work for Windows client users, not WebAccess nor Blackberry.

If you add the signature to the GWIA, it will append it to every message passing through unless there's already one attached.
So it's my understanding that if you add the same signature to the GWIA *and* the users, it will catch the Blackberry mails and the WebAccess mails. But for all users, not only some in a certain PO. You'd need a 2nd GWIA and assign that GWIA to the users in question.

A definition where the global signature applies to only certain internal recipients is not possible.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.