Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise 8 Name formatting

We just upgraded from Groupwise 7 to 8 on our server. In this process we moved MTA/GWIA and domain from Netware to Suse Linux OES2 sp3.

We have two issues going on at the moment.

A: Groupwise Webaccess users are all set to use Last name, First name format when searching the address book. I found the setting to change that for individual users , but how do we change that at a domain/PO level ?

B: While I think it's related ( others here don't think so ) we are having problems with other internal systems that send Emails to Nicknames/distro lists on the domain that are also failing. ( i.e. SMTP server within our network sends to addresses on our domain )
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise 8 Name formatting

New update to issues :

Section A: is still an issue.

Section B: is still an issue but only when trying to hit a Distro list ( with a nickname ) we are failing.....
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Latest Update. We have found the issue with the Nicknames. We still are unsure how to set a Domain/PO level setting that would allow First name searching from within Webaccess without having the users change it manually for their account.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I could be wrong, but I don't believe you can change the firstname/lastname format for webaccess via client options (ie, it's done on a per users basis).
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hmmmm , Well. Interesting. I guess that was a new change or option in Webaccess 8 as we never had that issue previously. I've emailed the users on the instructions to set it manually. But I suppose when we upgrade to Client 8 we will have the issue there as well if there is not a master setting within Groupwise domains or PO's.
0 Likes
zwetr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have a solution for the nickname problem?

regards

Ruud
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.