Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Groupwise Client setting -- max message size

Hello,

I have a max message size set at the Post office level of 30MB. I have one user that needs to temporarily send something that exceeds that. I do not have the User Limits under the Post Office "Locked", so I went to the user and unchecked the "User Limits" box in the client options settings for their user account. I saved everything and had her close out of Groupwise and go back in, however, she still gets the message that states the message exceeds 30 MB. How long does it take for the change that I made to take affect for the user, or do I have to remove the limit at the Post office leve?

Thanks,
Andrew
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise Client setting -- max message size

Hi Andrew,

You could try setting a much higher limit on the individual user account and then lock it at user level and see if that kicks something in.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Laura,

Thanks I will try that out. Maybe there is a better way to what we are trying to do here. Our Superintendent is leaving and going to another District and what she is doing is trying to forward all her email folders that she wants to her new email address. Is there a way to just export her email somehow?
THanks,
Andrew
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

acshearer;2458950 wrote:
Maybe there is a better way to what we are trying to do here. Our Superintendent is leaving and going to another District and what she is doing is trying to forward all her email folders that she wants to her new email address. Is there a way to just export her email somehow?

There are a couple of possible solutions:

• If your GroupWise system provides email services for the "other" District, you could allow her to proxy into her existing account and not have to transfer anything.
  • She could archive her email and take the archived copy.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the tips. The "other" district is Exchange. Her secretary just ended up sending them individually.

Andrew
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.