Highlighted
mfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise Database Maintenance Jobs

How can i see which actual job is running....and when it started.

We have all our jobs kick off at about 6pm when the offices close, but at the moment we have a job running apparently on the POA web interface but i dont know which one and why its running now.

No one has started a job but cant see which one it is...we are running on SUSE.

Cheers
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise Database Maintenance Jobs

mfoster,

I don't know a way to find out which job is running, if nothing in the POA logs shows anything. If you are sure this job should not be running, you can stop the POA, delete the ngwcheck.db in the PO directory and restart the POA.

Uwe

--
Micro Focus Knowledge Associate
0 Likes
mfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

if i stop the POA then i disconnect our users...before i took over the users where all set as online, not cached.
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mfoster wrote on 17.10.2016 15:56:
> if i stop the POA then i disconnect our users...before i took over the
> users where all set as online, not cached.

Unless your PO is really big, and you are quick with the keyboard, they shouldn't notice.

Uwe

--
Micro Focus Knowledge Associate
0 Likes
mfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

think i pulled it off without anyone knowing...no complaints and it stopped the job. Just shame we cant see what was running.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Just to add to this thread. You want to ensure that your GWCheck's are not kicking off at the same time and thus running concurrently. If multiple GWChecks are running concurrently you can run into some problems. Personally I kick off Nightly User Upkeep and determine what is the longest run time for this to complete. Then do my daily structure check to kick off after this has finished. Again determine longest run time on this routine and then set my weekly Content check to run outside of the window for the Structure check. In the root directory of your POA is a file xxxxchk.log file. The xxxx will represent the date. You can then open this file and see, not exactly what scheduled maintenance task is running, but based on the time a job was submitted to the ngwcheck.db. The task that has been added but not yet removed is the one that is still running. That will tell you which one is running so you can keep an eye on it for the future. If a scheduled maintenance task has "stuck" then Uwe's suggestion is really the only and fastest way to "kill" it.

Hope that's of some help for the future.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
mfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I only really run the default maintenance every night and a reduce deleted mails...with a weekly audit, so i have the log emailed and it kicks off at 7pm...i get the log emailed on completion so im working my times out on that.

I think the task must of got stuck, it was fine this morning.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Glad to hear that all was fine this morning this morning. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.