Highlighted
mfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise Messenger why?

This is the first time we will be implementing Messenger in our environment...its all ready to go on 2018 but at the moment i dont see the point in using it, what do your users gain from Messenger?

It doesnt work with Skype which the rest of the world seems to use, so its purely a internal instant messenger which i cant see being productive?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
davemrm Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Groupwise Messenger why?

"... so its purely a internal instant messenger which i can't see being productive?"

yes, that's the whole point of it. instant messaging within the organization, with security, logging and retention. if you want to run gw messenger in-house, but let users also communicate with outside contacts via skype with a single client, you can use the pigdin (formerly gaim) client, which supports groupwise messenger natively and has a plugin for skype.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.