Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise Phone Message and Task replication to devices

Hello, we are using GMS 2.0.0 build 429, and Groupwise 2012 . For the most part this has been working very well. I just had a user the other day ask why they were not getting a Groupwise Phone Message replicated to their device along with Tasks. Their device is a iPhone so I'm not even sure where they should be seeing this info.

What I have done;
On the iPhone, email and calendars is set to sync.

On GMS in their account under groupwise settings, all options are checked.
Under the Config-Groupwise page, everything is checked in the "Groupwise items to sync" section.

I have reinitialized the user on the GMS and still nothing. Should I have to delete their account from the iPhone and recreate to see the Phone messages and task items?

Thanks in advance
J.H
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi J.H

As far as I am aware these items are not yet supported by the ActiveSync protocol - but I stand to be corrected on that!

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello, I thought I read somewhere that mobility 2.0 did support this as far as the phone messages. Low and behold, after I reinitialized my account, I was able to get them. However the person I am having a issue with is at the top of our Management chain and I have already reinitialized that person. Maybe I'll remove their account from mobility and put it back in late tonight and try again.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Ah yes... now I remember, after your prodding of my brain cells, the new GMS has a newer version of ActiveSync. The devices sometimes don't pick this up automatically - although they should!

Let us know how it goes with the reinitialization of said user.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

The Phone messages should syncs on device's mailbox.

Regards.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

All is good, after taking the user out, then adding them back in, they were able to see both Phone Messages sent from Groupwise and Tasks.
Thanks for everyone's feedback
Jeff
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.