Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise Resource not showing comments correctly

Hi,

We're running Groupwise 8.0.1 clients with a server that is the same version. When using the address book to schedule appointments with a resource, the resource's Comments field no longer shows the contents of the Description field in the consoleone object. It show the User ID of the resource's owner.

Does anybody know how this could have happened? Up until a couple weeks ago, it worked fine. To my knowledge, no upgrades or changes were made to our Groupwise server. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That was it - We had Do Not Display User Comments checked in our Groupwise domain properties. Thanks a lot!

Dave Parkes;2089335 wrote:
This bit maybe ?

Novell Documentation

Section 6.1.5

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remember though, it may have been disabled for a reason <g>. Sometimes,
Admins put notes into that field that they don't want generally visible -
passwords among other things

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks - the only thing I populate the Description field with is date of creation, and enable/disable dates. I'll probably need to put those dates into another field, but at least the resource comments are showing now. Thanks again!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.