Highlighted
Bantha Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise System Calendar

Our superintendent is wanting us to create a system-wide calendar where 1 person (or more) owns it and all the other GW users can read / post to it.
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise System Calendar

Bantha sounds like they 'said':

>
> Our superintendent is wanting us to create a system-wide calendar
> where 1 person (or more) owns it and all the other GW users can read
> / post to it.

So my response to Bantha's comment is...

So do you have a question about this or are you just letting us know?
😉

Seriously though, that would probably just take creating a resource and
then giving everyone proxy access to the calendar on it.

I'm thinking that calendar could get pretty messy though, depending on
how many people you have in the organization and how many post things
to it.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Further to what Stevo has already said....

The easiest way to accomplish this is to create a resource. On Tools | Options | Security | Proxy Access | select <All User Access> and grant just "Read" for Appointments. Then create two rules... auto-accept and auto-decline. These rules should be setup to auto accept an appointment if there is no conflict and auto-decline if there is a conflict. The users themselves don't need access to write to the calendar as that will get messy. Only the resource owner can go in and delete or change appointments.

All users can view the calendar in their GroupWise client by making use of the multi-user calendar view. No sharing required.

Let us know if you need further information, or if this does not suit your needs.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Bantha Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It was a question on whether or not it was possible, Stevo.

Thanks, Laura, I will give that a try.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.