Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Groupwise Upgrade to 18.2:- Important

This may have already been mentioned, but during a recent upgrade to 18.2, I found that I could log into groupwise with the old client, but once the new client was installed, I was unable to log in. The same thing happened with the web access. Also, I upgraded the mobility server first, no problems, but once the groupwise install took place, mobility server was unable to login. After some thought, couple of whiskeys etc, I realised that it was necessary to upgrade the databases (post and domain) which has happened in the past.

Once I carried this out, no problems, so don't forget to upgrade the databases after the upgrade. Additionally, I could not find this mentioned anywhere in the documentation (though I may have missed it)_.

Cheers

ChasR.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise Upgrade to 18.2:- Important

@ChasR 

Hi,

Thank you for your post.  A database upgrade is an absolute requirement for each upgrade of a major release of GroupWise.

GroupWise 18.2 is a major release.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.