Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Groupwise Web: Error communicating with server

Jump to solution

Hello:

We have an issue similar to @jvdmeis described here: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-User-Discussions/Brand-new-groupwise-web-18-2-Erorr-communicating-with-server-in/td-p/2706853

We ran into some issues with getting GW WEB  to work. The issue is still unresolved.

We performed the following:

1) We generated a certificate in the POA and saved.

2) Then we enabled SSL on the POA SOAP.

We immediately noticed GMS was broken to mail delivered. We changed GMS to allow for ssl. We restarted GMS. No mail.

We also noticed webaccess (gw2014r2) was broken. The error was unable to contact POA.

As a result we removed the the SSL cert in POA, restarted GMS and Webaccess. System is back to normal.

Can any provide pointers on how to successfully get GW Web Connected to the POA and GMS and Webaccess (GW2014r2).

Thanks 

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise Web: Error communicating with server

Jump to solution

@ebsr_paramedic 

Hi,

Are you running GroupWise 18.2.1, and GMS 18.2.1?

Enable Verbose logging on WebAccess and tell us if you see an SSL Handshake failure.

How many POAs do you have?  Did you set them all to SOAP enabled on SSL?

Do yo have a defined DVA for the post office you are initially pointing GroupWise Web to and is that SSL enabled?

Review the GroupWise Web prerequisites here: 

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_guide_install/data/install_web_reqs.html

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@ebsr_paramedic 

Hi,

Are you running GroupWise 18.2.1, and GMS 18.2.1?

Enable Verbose logging on WebAccess and tell us if you see an SSL Handshake failure.

How many POAs do you have?  Did you set them all to SOAP enabled on SSL?

Do yo have a defined DVA for the post office you are initially pointing GroupWise Web to and is that SSL enabled?

Review the GroupWise Web prerequisites here: 

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_guide_install/data/install_web_reqs.html

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the quick reply:
Affirmative to gw18.2 and mobility 18.2 and One PO set to ssl as well as DVA.

I followed this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQON4fPzDLg) and the documentation.
I will enable verbose logging as suggested.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
FYI:
1) i needed to restart the POA for Webaccess
2) On GMS:
2a) Disabled verify ssl
2b) reboot gms VM (restart gms modules failed on correct stalled groupwise synch agent)

Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

But did you set a password as well when generating the certs on the poa?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @twslex3 

i did the previous times. we are all set now. GW our installation of Web is way faster than Webaccess.

BTW: 

I cannot easily find:

1) Proxied mailboxes

2) How to mark junk messages as "trust sender"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @ebsr_paramedic 

As far as I am aware Proxy access is the main focus of development right now.  It is anticipated that Proxy access will be available in the 18.3 release.

Junk Mail handling is on the "todo list" as far as I am aware.  It is not available in the current GroupWise WebAccess either. 

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.