Highlighted
pekohki Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groupwise client and X.509

Hi,

we have the following problem. Using a GroupWise (18.1) together with a X.509 certificate under windows 7 does not work.
The certificate can be included and used for signing emails, but after 1 day (few hours) the client is reporting errors. No e-mails can be saved or send.
The only way to solve the problem is to remove the certificate, reinstall it and then send or save the e-mail.

There is no other error message. Using the same certificate with an administrator account seem's to work for a longer period.

Using Thunderbird or outlook with the certificate has never shown this kind of error ...

Any idea ?

Bye, Peer

GroupWise Client 18.1
Windows 7 SP1 (64, Enterprise)
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Groupwise client and X.509

Please specify the errors which are being reported. Apart from this where do you have to remove the certificate? From the Windows Cryptostore? From within GW?
0 Likes
pekohki Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, I missed the main information:

within the groupwise client I get the following error message:

a) sending an email:
"sending not possible"

b) saving a mail
"saving not possible"

There is no error message from windows. If I remove "digital sign" from the mail I can send it without any problem, or store it ...
No other error message.

I remove the certificate from GroupWise (Options -> Certificate).

Bye, Peer
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I've setup such a client which by now runs 30 hours, now and then i grab it and send a signed mail. No issues so far.
While this won't help you too much, just thinking, do you by chance have some sort of (group-)policy which might distribute or in any form tamper with certificates? Do you have a chance to check with a vanilla client (no domain, no WS management, no virus scan)?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.