Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Groupwise clients and the Retain Archived flag?

There has been a bug in the last few releases of the client. If you try to use the Retain Archived flag/column in the Mailbox view the client displays the BBS transaction date and time and just about any other column except the Retain Archived. It will even switch around from one column to another if you change the display order. Its really very frustrating when I want to know which messages are in our Retain (a Microfocus product formally from GWAVA) archives. What's even more frustrating is this had worked fine when it was entitled the Archived column. I reported this when the 18.01 and 18.02 clients were released.

Please don't tell me its about resources, I've been working with Groupwise since 1994, I know there's no development resources for the product. I've often wondered how successful Novel and all their products might have turned out if they stopped trying to be a marketing company and focused on development.:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Groupwise clients and the Retain Archived flag?

In article <raronson.8qnbdz@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Raronson
wrote:
> If you try
> to use the Retain Archived flag/column in the Mailbox view the client
> displays

that feature snuck in without me knowing about it even though I've
dealt with a Retain install since v 1 a whole 10 years ago. I've just
turned on the feature on the Retain side to see what I can see and how
long it takes to populate.
Do you just have the one profile that genates this? Just want to rule
out that the generation of it is inconsistent.

For a given mailbox, which clients work find while which others don't,
just so we can be clear here where the break point is.

Can you try with minimal columns to make sure we aren't dealing with a
number of columns issue.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
https://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise clients and the Retain Archived flag?

The retain flag works fine here, on 18.0.1 and 18.0.2 client . Just comes back with 1 or 0
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.