bkesting Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Groupwise on SLES 12 SP4

Currently running the latest version of GroupWise (18.1.1) on SLES 12 SP3. Is SP4 supported? Any known issues? I've been looking around at documentation and don't seem to find any.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise on SLES 12 SP4

Hi,

I am not aware of any issues running GroupWise 18.1.1 on SLES 12 SP4.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

laurabuckley;2499713 wrote:
Hi,

I am not aware of any issues running GroupWise 18.1.1 on SLES 12 SP4.

Cheers,

How about Mobility?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

bkesting;2499730 wrote:
How about Mobility?

New install or upgrade?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

laurabuckley;2499732 wrote:
New install or upgrade?

Cheers,

Upgrade. Currently running latest version 18.1.1 (Build 481) on SLES 12 SP3
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

First and foremost... you are not running the latest. Build 481 was removed due to a serious bug. It was replaced with build 483. I recommend you patch your GMS server as soon as possible.

With regards to the upgrade... no issues known going from SLES 12 SP3 to SP4.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

laurabuckley;2499766 wrote:
Hi,

First and foremost... you are not running the latest. Build 481 was removed due to a serious bug. It was replaced with build 483. I recommend you patch your GMS server as soon as possible.

With regards to the upgrade... no issues known going from SLES 12 SP3 to SP4.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply and the heads up on the update.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

So before I get too ahead of myself, when I upgrades from SLES 12 SP2 to SP3, I had to run a scrip to upgrade Mobility's PostgreSQL databases from 9.4 to 9.6 I see that in SLES 12 SP4, PostgreSQL is updated to version 10. Is there a similar mobility script I need to run to get the product to work under PostgreSQL 10?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

There's no need to run any database upgrade script for patching from SLES 12 SP3 to SP4.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Thank you Laura.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.