Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
acshearer Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Groupwise on a Mac

Hello I have Groupwise 2014 R2 SP2 and our Superintendent just got a mac and wants Groupwise to work on it.  This is our first mac.  I don't think there is a Groupwise Client for Mac anymore from my searching.  Is there a way to get the builtin in Mac Mail app to connect to Groupwise or the Outlook client for mac to connect? 

We have Majave on the mac.

Thanks

Andrew

Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Groupwise on a Mac

Hi @acshearer,

The last GroupWise client for the Mac was GroupWise 8.

Any version of the GroupWise client will work with a newer version of the GroupWise server but not with an older one. The GroupWise 8 client works just fine with GroupWise 2014 R2.

Your other options are:

• Use GroupWise WebAccess
  • Use any email client and access your GroupWise email using IMAP.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Here is the GW18 documentation for using Calendar Server with the native Mac Mail app.  

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_guide_install/data/b1g6hefz.html

The steps are the same for GroupWise 2014

Pam

Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the reply,

I will try the Groupwise 8 client and if that does not work to his liking I will use an email client that does and connect via IMAP.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If and when you go for GW18 and SP2 (not released yet) keep an eye on this one:

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024203

Just to have it on the radar...

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The upcoming release of GroupWise is 18.2.  Please note that this is a major release requiring a database upgrade.  It is not a support pack.

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for all the information.  We are actually going away from Groupwise and going to Gmail this upcoming summer, so this won't be an issue going forward.  This is why I have not upgraded to GW18 as I knew we were going away from Groupwise.

Thanks for all your help, the GW8 Mac client works good.

Andrew

0 Likes
greiner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Groupwise 8 for mac is a 32bit application and don't work with osx catalina!

This may be for many Enterprise a "kill" to use the groupwise Software!

Can Microfocus give a Feedback, why it is not possible to actualize this mac Client. Our customers don't anderstand why you don't renew the devlopment!

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@greiner 

I know you understand the issues related to using the GroupWise client on the Mac and the alternatives that are available. If you do an Internet search you can find a number of documents where this issue is discussed further.

If you haven't yet voted for this Idea (Enhancement Request) you should. It already has many more votes than other ideas that have already been accepted and a long list of comments that are reviewed regularly by the Product Manager. Anyone who is passionate about this issue should vote and add his/her comments. It is interesting to note that Mike Bills (PM) has added a couple of comments of his own but nowhere has he outright rejected the idea. 🙂 

Fully featured Mac desktop client

Here's another Idea that has been accepted:

Docker support / implementation

I'll leave it to you to speculate how this might affect future product development.

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.