comnet Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2338 views

Groupwise password on client launch

I seem to have a problem in that each time I bring up the groupwise client v8.03 8/27/12 the client keeps asking me for a password. Once i put the password in I can get into the groupwise client. (But this happens each time I bring up the client)

I have the use single sign on check on.

any idea's how to get pass the password each time I launch the client? I'm running the netware client 4.91 sp5 for windows installed.

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

In ConsoleOne do you have password caching enabled?

I think, I'm not in front of a console right now, if you right-click on the domain or PO or user object and select GroupWise utilities | Client Options | Security | I think there are options there to cache the password.

Also, there is the use eDir password option.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

Hmm, I thought that 'Allow Password Caching' is pretty much no longer
relevant ?

From the docs it only applies/applied to Win 9x clients, as in 16 bit
Windows clients.


Cheers Dave


--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

On 19.09.2012 15:36, comnet wrote:
>
> I seem to have a problem in that each time I bring up the groupwise
> client v8.03 8/27/12 the client keeps asking me for a password. Once i
> put the password in I can get into the groupwise client. (But this
> happens each time I bring up the client)
>
> I have the use single sign on check on.


Single Sign On is not what you're looking for. That option is only
useful if you use Novells Single Sign On product.

You're lookign for the option "no password for edirectory" (or some
similar wording).

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
comnet Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

Ok, I turned off single sign on. But still have the password prompt. This didn't happen with the previous version of the client software. So something must of changed in the client end, which I can't find anywhere!

Any idea's?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

On 15.10.2012 22:16, comnet wrote:
>
> Ok, I turned off single sign on. But still have the password prompt.
> This didn't happen with the previous version of the client software. So
> something must of changed in the client end, which I can't find
> anywhere!


This setting shouldn't chnage during a mere upgrade from any Groupwise
verion, as it's stored in the user database. There should be an Option
"no password with edirectory) in the same space. If it's not there,
check in ConsoleOne in the client options if it's allowed. If it is, and
still doesn't show, search the local hard drive for nwsso.dll, and if it
exists, rename it to something different, and try again. (Restart the
client).

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
comnet Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

mrosen;2224149 wrote:
On 15.10.2012 22:16, comnet wrote:
>
> Ok, I turned off single sign on. But still have the password prompt.
> This didn't happen with the previous version of the client software. So
> something must of changed in the client end, which I can't find
> anywhere!


This setting shouldn't chnage during a mere upgrade from any Groupwise
verion, as it's stored in the user database. There should be an Option
"no password with edirectory) in the same space. If it's not there,
check in ConsoleOne in the client options if it's allowed. If it is, and
still doesn't show, search the local hard drive for nwsso.dll, and if it
exists, rename it to something different, and try again. (Restart the
client).

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
Untitled Document


Nope, renamed the file, rebooted the client and still same issue

I changed the no password option in both console one and on the client and same thing. Groupwise Client always asks for a password. Strange as this didn't happen with the previous client.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

I had the same issue a while back. Under GroupWise utilities | Client Options | Security - I changed the settings there for the affected user and did a "reset client options". In a worst case scenario I had to recreate the caching mailbox.

Good luck

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
comnet Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

laurabuckley;2225101 wrote:
I had the same issue a while back. Under GroupWise utilities | Client Options | Security - I changed the settings there for the affected user and did a "reset client options". In a worst case scenario I had to recreate the caching mailbox.

Good luck

Cheers,


Where is the option reset client options?
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

* comnet wrote, On 10/28/2012 04:16 AM:
> Where is the option reset client options?


It is a GWCheck (database maintenance) option.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
comnet Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Groupwise password on client launch

buckesfeld;2226732 wrote:
* comnet wrote, On 10/28/2012 04:16 AM:
> Where is the option reset client options?


It is a GWCheck (database maintenance) option.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.


Solved it!

For some reason I had to re-associate the groupwise user with the edir user, within ConsoleOne. After that I'm no longer prompted for a password in the Groupwise client.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.