Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Guide for moving GW2012 from OES2 (32) to OES11 (64) on NSS?

Hi there,

I have to move a Groupwise 2012 system (no big deal - 30 users, 1poa, 1gwia) from OES2 (32bit) - to OES11 (64bit). File system is NSS on both.

I already set up the OES11 system but have not installed any groupwise thing.

Is there a general setup/Howto guide anywhere? I only find howtos for moving from Netware/Windows to OES11 but not from OES2.

Thanks for any hints.

OH BTW: It's no migration, the new OES11 system should run parallel to the old OES2 system. At least for a while.... So new hostname, new ip, etc.... Just have to move Groupwise from one to the other...
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Guide for moving GW2012 from OES2 (32) to OES11 (64) on

Hi,

Danita has an excellent guide to moving GroupWise: Caledonia Guide to Moving GroupWise

I never do a move without it 🙂

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi, I know this guide exists, but I thought it was for GW8 only, as the last changes dated from 2009. ??

Am I wrong?

lis;2296860 wrote:
Hi there,

I have to move a Groupwise 2012 system (no big deal - 30 users, 1poa, 1gwia) from OES2 (32bit) - to OES11 (64bit). File system is NSS on both.

I already set up the OES11 system but have not installed any groupwise thing.

Is there a general setup/Howto guide anywhere? I only find howtos for moving from Netware/Windows to OES11 but not from OES2.

Thanks for any hints.

OH BTW: It's no migration, the new OES11 system should run parallel to the old OES2 system. At least for a while.... So new hostname, new ip, etc.... Just have to move Groupwise from one to the other...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

It is easy as discribed in the Migration Book.
you can use dbcopy to "migrate" your files between your specific servers.
Up to now, you install the 32-Bit GroupWise 2012 Software onto your SLES11/OES11 64-Bit Server. This is your "preparation" for GroupWise 2014.
You only install 64-Bit agent software over your now running 32-Bit agents.
For GroupWise 2012 you have to correct your settings within ConsoleOne - in GroupWise 2014 you don´t use ConsoleOne anymore....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Guide for moving GW2012 from OES2 (32) to OES11 (64) on NSS?

lis wrote:

> Hi, I know this guide exists, but I thought it was for GW8 only, as
> the last changes dated from 2009. ??

Here's the GW2012 upgrade guide.

http://postie.caledonia.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=47&product_id=170

Note that a GW2014 upgrade guide is also in the works.

http://postie.caledonia.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=206

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi,

thx for your replys.
Yes, this is the upgrade guide to GW2012, but I am already on GW2012.

I just want to move an existing GW2012 System from OES2SP3-32bit to OES11SP1-64bit (Filesystem: NSS on both). I cannot do a server migration, cause the old server has to run for a while parallel to the new one - just without the groupwise system...

I think gwoelfels post comes most close to my problem....

jmarton;2296903 wrote:
lis wrote:

> Hi, I know this guide exists, but I thought it was for GW8 only, as
> the last changes dated from 2009. ??

Here's the GW2012 upgrade guide.

GroupWise 2012 Upgrade Guide - Linux & Windows

Note that a GW2014 upgrade guide is also in the works.

GroupWise 2014 Upgrade Guide - Moving to new server, including from NetWare

--
Your world is on the move. Novell. Because Your World is on the Move.
We know what your world looks like. Novell. Because we know what your world looks like.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Guide for moving GW2012 from OES2 (32) to OES11 (64) on NSS?

You could also use the Migration Wizard to copy the files.

Uwe
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

buckesfeld;2297556 wrote:
You could also use the Migration Wizard to copy the files.

miggui you mean? Or that old tool thingy? 🙂

For this scenario I'd probably just go for an scp copy from the OES2 to OES11 server... or run dbcopy over an NFS export. If GroupWise is allowed a longer downtime for this, I'd prefer the scp route.

One thing to watch for with such a move, would be DMS... that's if DMS stores have been setup outside of the PO's. Otherwise, such a move is a rather straight forward copy and reconfigure thing.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There are no real functional differences between GW8 GW2012 as far as a move goes. Other than of course there is not WebAccess "agent" to move.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.