Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gw8 to 2014 upgrade - PO won't update HELP!

Hi,
We've just migrated our GW8 system (NW6.5) over to GW2014. The primary domain came over first, upgraded, then loaded. Showed 2014 as the version straight away. Seemed OK, so then upgraded the PO that hangs off it. Loaded the PO, but the domain showed the link closed. Realised it's because the NW6.5 system had direct PO links, so changed them to TCPIP. Restarted the PO and the MTA web console still shows PO link closed with "Missing or incomplete address information" as the reason.

Any tips gratefully appreciated! I'm in the UK so if I got a quick reply to this that would be SUPERB!

Thanks, Alan
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Gw8 to 2014 upgrade - PO won't update HELP!

Hi Alan,

In the Admin Console, go to your Domain (not MTA). When you are viewing the properties of your Domain on the Objects tab, second from the bottom on the left-hand side is Post Office Links. Are you 100% sure that the link information displayed there is correct? Ensure that it is set to TCP/IP with the correct IP Address and port numbers. On that screen you can click on the Post Office to bring up the "Edit Post Office Link" dialog box. I'm sorry if you've already done this, but we just want to double-check before we go into more detailed troubleshooting.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Many thanks Laura, yes, I did this, and to be honest the port numbers auto-filled as soon as I selected IP.
THAT SAID... It's now working, I had a consultant on this problem too, and to be fair I'm not sure who sorted it - me or him! There was a reboot inbetween all that too for good measure, and I suppose time is a great healer too - It might just of been taking it's time?
We did bring the secondary domain online too before resolving that PO connectivity issue, maybe it was happier when it saw that back online as well? I don't really know which of the many operations was the solution!
Thanks again for the reply though, nice to know there is still activity on the forums - I will sure need them at some point!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

🙂 As long as you have solved your challenge. My hunch would be the reboot resolved your problem. That would flush stale information from the agents 🙂

Just by the way, the GroupWise forums are quite well "patrolled" by a number of knowledgeable people so feel free to post your questions here at any time.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.