Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

HP1 messages sent to trash

Greetings,

I have 2 sites that are running 2014 R2HP1 that have started seeing messages mysteriously moved to trash without an automated cleanup policy in place. Some items don't make it to the inbox - just end up in trash. This does not happen to all users. These are users that do not have any specific rules in place - in fact, pretty much plain vanilla users. log files are inconclusive - GWCheck reports no issues that might shed some light on it. Problem was never encountered on 2012 or 2014 - just since 2014 R2 HP1 was applied. One system uses mobility server, the other doesn't.

Has anyone else seen this?

Best regards

Mike Giovaninni
NetWerks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP1 messages sent to trash

Not seeing that issue (at least not reported to me), but we do have an issue with messages being deleted and then the trash emptied. I responded to a post in another thread on that topic. For yours, did you check the user's junkmail policies? Maybe turn the processing for junk mail off temporarily and see what happens with some test messages? Are they internal and external senders getting deleted or just external or just internal?

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Have you checked for any IMAP or POP activity against those accounts? Can often be the culprit causes this kind of stuff to happen.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

laurabuckley;2429264 wrote:
Hi,

Have you checked for any IMAP or POP activity against those accounts? Can often be the culprit causes this kind of stuff to happen.

Cheers,

In one case, POP3 may be in use as the user may be accessing the message store remotely using an outlook based client, so I will definitely check that
the other, only GMS is employed

I will also verify how both instances have junk mail handling employed

Best regards

Mike G
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mike,

With regards to POP/IMAP activity - double-check your log files for any such activity from the users. I've found that folk set such stuff up without ever telling you or admitting to doing so.

Good luck further.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.