RBrownCCB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HTC Hero: No Mail Sync

Hello,

We've just installed the Tech preview.
The Mobility/ActiveSync connector is working perfectly for All data when connecting to a Windows Mobile Phone.

However, on my HTC Hero running Android, for the same test user, Contacts and Calender are syncing perfectly, but Mail reports a strange error "An integer column does not contain an integer". No mail is syunc.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or more importantly, where should I be looking for logs on what is really going on so I can report bugs, if this one.

Regards

Richard Brown // Systems Engineering Team Leader // City College Brighton and Hove
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
jfosterqa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HTC Hero: No Mail Sync

I have seen this error before with the cyanogenmod rom for the G1 using the work email app. I felt at that point that it was the client not handling a field correctly.

I would check to see what version of activesync your device supports. This product supports activesync 2.5 (exchange 2003 (sp2) )
0 Likes
Highlighted
jfosterqa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are you using Googles provided email client, touchdown, cyanogen work email?
0 Likes
RBrownCCB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm using HTC's provided email client, configured using the instructions here: HTC Hero - Setting Up Your Exchange ActiveSync Account
As you can see from that URL, it states that the phone supports Exchange 2003 SP2 or 2007, strongly implying that it only supports Activesync 2.5
This issue is occurring on both the latest ROM release for T-mobile HTC Hero's, and the stock ROM release for Orange HTC Heros
Any pointers would be appreciated. Does the data sync server produce any logs that could see what the client is asking the server to do, in the hope that the server can see where things are failing?

Richard Brown // Systems Engineering Team Leader // City College Brighton and Hove
0 Likes
philymyrealbox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm having similar issues, I have tested with sprint hero, verizon droid, and an iphone.
All are able to see folders but no email gets pushed down, same with calendar and contacts.

Phil
0 Likes
RBrownCCB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

philymyrealbox;1956460 wrote:
I'm having similar issues, I have tested with sprint hero, verizon droid, and an iphone.
All are able to see folders but no email gets pushed down, same with calendar and contacts.

Phil

I'm not sure if your issues are similar to mine.. I've had an iPhone working fine, as well as a Windows Mobile phone, which does seem to imply that this 'integer' problem is specific to the HTC Hero.

Do you get an identical error message on the handset to me with your Droid and iPhone Phil?

0 Likes
philymyrealbox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I guess my situation is similar in that no mail is syncing but different because I can't find any errors anywhere.

Phil
0 Likes
t1965a Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for reporting this. We are also seeing this in-house and have dev looking at it as we speak. Hoping to have a resolution soon.

Tony
0 Likes
jfosterqa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What settings do you have set up for mobility? Is it running secure or insecure? You might try flipping those settings in the mean time while waiting for an answer.
0 Likes
RBrownCCB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The problem appears to be consistent regardless of settings in the mobility connector.

We've tried it secure, insecure, and we've been playing with almost every option.

In every situation where both contacts and calendar were working, the situation with Mail and our HTC Hero Android phones were utterly consistent, with the error reported as per my original post.

It's a shame we haven't found a workaround with all this experimentation, but we sure found some fun ways to totally mess up your configuration 😉

Reinstalling from scratch, default install, default configuration, returned the situation to as reported, Calender and Contacts sync still fine, Mail not working and reporting the previously mentioned integer error.

Mail+Calender+Contacts Sync still working fine on Windows Mobile devices however.

0 Likes
tstakland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is fixed and should be working with later versions of Mobility.

Tim Stakland
0 Likes
RBrownCCB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That is true, in later builds Mail for the HTC hero began to work again, however we experienced major issues with Calendering on the HTC heros - Initial sync would work, and then never update again.
I have not yet reported this to these forums, as I've just been upgrading to the latest build today. First impressions so far are not good - Mail for HTC Hero only seems to work for the first sync, and then never syncs again. Calender never seems to sync. Contacts seem to sync fine.
No error messages appear in Mobility monitor page or on the phone to suggest anything is wrong.
Mobility monitor page seems to have a significantly lower amount of events/objects to sync than expected.
eg. 22 mails in Inbox when 100+ expected. 0 events in Calender when 50+ expected. Contacts do appear to be synchronising correctly.

We have not yet been able to test with other devices (iPhone is abroad) so I am currently unsure whether this is related and/or similar to this initial issue, or a totally new problem unique to the new build that will warrant a new thread.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.