Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HTML Rendering GW 2014 R@ hp1 client

We just upgraded from GW8 to GW 2014 R2 HP1 (version 14.2.0 build 123047) on the server and all clients upgraded as well (client version is 14.2.0 12/3/2015 build 122092). Our marketing guy creates and sends e-mails from Salesforce. Before he mass mails them he sends to himself as a test. With GW8, the HTML messages always rendered correctly when you looked at them. With 2014, they all come in center justified instead of left justified. If I view the message in Gmail or Yahoo!, it views correctly. If in GW I right click on the message and choose "Open in New Window", it opens up my default browser, Firefox, and it appears to be formatted correctly (left justified). If in GW I right click on the message and choose "view source", I see the HTML code and save it as an .HTM document and open it in Chromodo (Comodo's broswer), it also renders correctly. It is only in GW 2014 client it is incorrect. If I look at it on a GW8 client, it is also correct.

So *something* in the 2014 client does not like some HTML code in the Salesforce e-mail. We have many customers who use Groupwise, so the marketing guy is very concerned the e-mails won't look correct and affect his marketing campaigns. Anyone else experiencing this?

Kind regards,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (1)
0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HTML Rendering GW 2014 R2 HP1 client

Hi Val,

Your Client version doesn't look right - mine is 122390. And mine might even be a bit behind what is shipping! The version should be 1223x

Grab a newer build and give that a try before we go any further.

Please do let us know how it goes,

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok, that's what I see when I choose About Groupwise. I will see what else I can download and give it a go.

Will post back...

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Val,

The latest client is under "Patches" on the download site. Perhaps this will take you there: https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=dxd3rzvGvig~

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: HTML Rendering GW 2014 R@ hp1 client

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:06:03 GMT, iliadmin
<iliadmin@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>Ok, that's what I see when I choose About Groupwise. I will see what
>else I can download and give it a go.
>
>Will post back...

You definitely want at least Build 123047 which is the HP1 version.
Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yah, ok, give me some time! 😉 I downloaded and installed the *latest* client, build 123047 is running and still, the issue persists!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Val,

In that case I think it's time for a Service Request 😞

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Opened an SR:
Description: HTML Rendering Issue

Val

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update: We sent one of our messages to the person handling the SR so he can test further on his own. No other resolution yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We've seen this happening too. Seems when you reply/forward GroupWise puts sort of a wrapper around the original html email and overrides some settings like fonts and horizontal alignment. Tested a html email where we forced fonts and alignment on all html blocks and tables within the email html code and everything was fine (just to prove that's it's the GroupWise reply/forward thing doing this). The only alternative we found for now is to open an email and pick "Action" in the menu then "Duplicate" to circumvent this.

Eric
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you try the same with a windows 10 client does it still happen?

We have an issue with some HTML email on newest groupwise only on windows 7, windows 10 fine - im assuming its something to do with how IE is trying to open the HTML over how EDGE does it on Windows 10.

For now windows 7 will have to have its client for plain text viewing until i can work out a fix.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, so you pick "Actions" and "Duplicate..." then right-click the message body and choose "View Source" and you'll see that all the <p>paragraph</p> tags have been replaced by <DIV>division</DIV> tags!!! Why would you want to do that? That's what's causing some html formatting to be either changed and/or dropped. I am quite sure that's what's happening as well inside the GroupWise wrapper when you "Reply" or "Forward".

iliadmin, you opened a SR... I never opened one so I'm just curious are they following this thread?

Eric
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.