Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

High GW utilization with Mobility server

I have a GroupWise 2018 SP 2 system running on OES2018 SP! and a new GroupWise 2018 SP1 mobility server running on SLES 12 SP4.  The GroupWise server has 2 vCPUs on a VMware 6.7 server with latest patches.  I just moved to the new mobility server from an old one last week.  I have removed all users from the old mobility server and shut it down so only the new mobility server is running. 

In VMware when I look at performance of the GroupWise server, I see it pegged at 100% utilization for significant periods of time.  If I stop the mobility server service then the GroupWise utilization goes down to almost 0.

There are about 34 users in the GroupWise system and the server is not hosting anything else than the MTA, POA and GWIA. I am surprised to see such high utilization for such relatively long periods of time.  Is this normal?

Dan

Labels (3)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

No, I didn't.  I didn't know that I had to do that.

I'll give that a try.

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

That seems to have worked.  Yesterday I deleted all the event records going to the old mobility server then restarted the POA.  I checked today and only events going to the new mobility server are listed now. 

Is there a document somewhere that talks about this?

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

About the needed restart of the PO? TID 7024019 (the mcheck one) mentions this. The documents which cover the manual approach via the http console don't mention that bouncing the POA(s) is necessary (if memory servers me correctly, as KB seems to have issues at this very moment).

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I was going to check on that for you but the KB is still down.  Hopefully they get it back up soon.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.