Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Home Panels do not retain size

I have 3 panels for my main display. Since we upgraded to Groupwise 2014 (R2), the panels are reset to the default size whenever I view a different folder and then navigate back to my home folder. Since two of the folders only ever have 2-3 items listed, this results in a lot of wasted space, and I have to scroll in the top folder which does have more items.

Is this a bug, or is there something I can do to force GW to save my panel sizing?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Home Panels do not retain size

Hi,

Please confirm the build number of the client you are using --> in the client click on Help and then About GroupWise.

I have not personally experienced this and work almost exclusively in Panels.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Release: 14.2.2
Build: 126868

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Firstly, please forgive my bad manners, I neglected to welcome you, so... Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question 🙂 Secondly, thank you for providing the requested information. I'm not aware of any issues using panels in this version of the client. Please tell me, what folders, etc do you have configured in your Home Panel view or are you using the default setup? Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the welcome and the help!

I was going to attach a screenshot, but I don't have rights to post attachments(?) so I'll try to describe this better.

I have 3 panels: Mailbox, Personal Calendar showing a list of appointments in the next 7 days, and a shared folder filtered by category. I also have the Folder List on the left side (full and long folder list) and the QuickViewer at the bottom, but I just tried closing those and it didn't make any difference.

When I navigate to Home, all three panels are equally sized. If I resize any of them, navigate to another folder, and then navigate back Home, they are all equally sized again: my resizing is lost. (The Folder List and QuickViewer sizing works as expected.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi tslagter,

I've just sent you a private message via the forums... please take a look at it and then we'll take things from there...
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just installed the latest hot patch, and so I'm using the most current version of the client. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Todd,

Please give me some more time to test this. So far I've been unable to duplicate your issue. Perhaps others from the community would like to share their experiences?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <tslagter.88oio0@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Tslagter
wrote:
> Since two of
> the folders only ever have 2-3 items listed, this results in a lot of
> wasted space,

well we don't want that.

I haven't been able to reproduce this either, so lets check some basic
things.
Is this a problem for anyone else?
If someone uses your system for their GW account, do they have the
problem?
If you go to another system, do you still have the problem?

If the problem follows you, we need to do some back end maintenance, if
it is only on your PC then it is a different set of things to look at.
If it points to your PC we'd need to see if it is just your profile or
to any Windows user on there.

This issue does have the feel of a bit of corruption somewhere. For the
back end, are GWCheck contents analyze/fixes happening?
On your PC, just running a Disk Cleanup and a Disk Defragment might
clean things up like that does with may odd issues (enough that I wrote
out more details on it at http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/pcmaint.htm ).

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I checked with someone else, and their panels stayed where they put them. I logged into another computer and had the same issue, so it seems like it was following my profile.

Finally, I did what I should have tried a while ago, and simply removed all panels and started over. So far, that's working.

Thanks for the help!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.