Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
iserlohn Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

How can i create search Folder

When i started a Search in Groupwise in a new Windows, i can't save the Windows as a Search-Folder, because the in that Window-Menu only are Windows an Help.

How can i toggle the Toolbar in that Window?

Where are the Menu File - Edit - View etc.?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How can i create search Folder

@iserlohn 

Hi,

Perhaps this documentation on creating a search folder:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_guide_userwin/data/getorg_folderlist.html#bg1kb7c

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks Laura,

bat I search in Groupwise and than I have noc chance, this search save as folder.

In older version i can in Window "Groupwise find Results" in Menu : File - Save Search as Folder.

But there is noc Menu - File ? Why?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@iserlohn 

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for: 

2019-11-15 14_21_28-Window.png

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Yes Laura, that is what i'm looking for.

But in Windows - Groupwise Find Results - is only Window and Help in Menu.

No File, no Edit, no View, no Action and no Tools.

So can't use File- Save as Folder.

Same if i start Client in german or in English.

In calender-view there is also no File, Edit and Avction-Menu.

Best Regards

Alfons

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alfons,

On the top, right-hand corner of the GroupWise client screen click on the cog and select "Main Window Settings".  This will expand the Window settings.  Then in the top, left-hand corner ensure there's a tick next to "Display Main Menu" under the "Main Window Options"

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Laura,

in main windows settings are correct and in mainwindows is all correct.

But in Search-Result-Windws and in Calender-Window in Menu is no File-Entry, so i can't save any search as Folder.

It seems, the Menu File, Edit etc. in other Windows are hidden.

look in my last message in GW1.png and GW2.png.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

But in Search-Result-Windws and in Calender-Window in Menu is no File-Entry, so i can't save any search as Folder.

It seems, the Menu File, Edit etc. in other Windows are hidden.

Which version of the client are you running on which version of Windows?  From the icon I suspect a 2014 era version, but exact version matters, such if on an 2014 R2 system, 14.2.3 is the last public version I can find (build 129832, 2018-03-08)

Does this problem happen on other systems? 

This is the odd type of problem that I make sure various temp files are cleaned up (Disk Cleanup and/or Ccleaner) and a DiskDefragment done. 

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@iserlohn 

Hi,

Uninstall Internet Explorer.  Re-install Internet Explorer 11 with latest patches.  Try again.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

It i no error on one PC.

Groupwise is in 18.1.1 Build 133172

OS is Win10 1809, 1903 or 1909 every PC with this Buidl of Groupwise.

It seems, in Groupwise-Views of Search Fiel.Menu, Edit.menu and the others are disabled. Same in Calendar-View. No File-Menu etc....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.