monique10 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do I configure email notification in monitor.xml (linu)?

Nothing seems to save if I configure it with the web console. Can't find an example of what the entry should look like in the monitor.xml file.

Does anyone have a sample monitor.xml file that is fully configured?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
elagrew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How do I configure email notification in monitor.xml (li

Do not configure it with the web console. That is buggy. edit the XML file directly. Works here.

--El

monique10;2094939 wrote:
Nothing seems to save if I configure it with the web console. Can't find an example of what the entry should look like in the monitor.xml file.

Does anyone have a sample monitor.xml file that is fully configured?

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
monique10 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I understand that the web console doesn't work properly. Do you have a sample monitor.xml file with email notifications set?
0 Likes
hangarbait Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sure, Mine follows ...

<NOTIFY>
<NOTIFY_LIST value="user1@somedomain.com,user2@somedomain.com" />
<NOTIFY_DOMAIN_NAME value="somedomain.com" />
<NOTIFY_RELAY_ADDRESS value="mailserver.somedomain.com" />
<NOTIFY_SNMP_TRAP value="FALSE" />
<NOTIFY_SNMP_TRAP_TARGET value="" />
<NOTIFY_RESET value="600"/>
<NOTIFY_OPTIONS value="-133" />
<NOTIFY_PERIODIC value="43200" />
<NOTIFY_MIN_THRESHOLD value="7" />
</NOTIFY>

My NOTIFY_OPTIONS value only sends an email on a "Critical" alarm which means I only get an email on a critical alarm and an agent down event.

Lawrence Kearney
Experienced GroupWise Administrator
Location to be determined
Lawrence Kearney
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.