wuzamarine Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do I dump the Groupwise database/mailstore into .csv for

mat?

I have a ssh connection to my groupwise server and I am looking for a tool to export the database/mailstore.
I found a possible process of installing the entire server network on a local machine and then connecting to the server network, this might provide a route. But why would I need to download 3 gigs of server software and run through an entire provisioning process for what should simply be a little sed script?

Is there a simple database/mailstore dump script? Or does it really require the super long path?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
28 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How do I dump the Groupwise database/mailstore into .csv

Hi,

Perhaps we we better understood what it is you are trying to accomplish we would be in a better position to advise you?

What end result are you looking for?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
elagrew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura has asked for more information...that is certainly in order...

I have additional questions....what do you mean by database/mailstore? If you just want to see the users and POs associated in a csv...that would be easy enough...if you want even the mail in csv..good luck.

Maybe you just want to copy the database to another location? That too, would be trivial...

It depends what you are expecting as an outcome..

--El

wuzamarine;2333097 wrote:
mat?

I have a ssh connection to my groupwise server and I am looking for a tool to export the database/mailstore.
I found a possible process of installing the entire server network on a local machine and then connecting to the server network, this might provide a route. But why would I need to download 3 gigs of server software and run through an entire provisioning process for what should simply be a little sed script?

Is there a simple database/mailstore dump script? Or does it really require the super long path?

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I need both user list and user data. But if I can at least dump the userlist, I can probably work out a sync method for the user data.

No, this is not a backup, it's a migration to exchange.

Thank you kindly for your response.

elagrew;2333107 wrote:
Laura has asked for more information...that is certainly in order...

I have additional questions....what do you mean by database/mailstore? If you just want to see the users and POs associated in a csv...that would be easy enough...if you want even the mail in csv..good luck.

Maybe you just want to copy the database to another location? That too, would be trivial...

It depends what you are expecting as an outcome..

--El
0 Likes
Absent Member.

At minimal, the user list into a standard .csv
What is needed for the final is userlist and userdata (their email).
Ideal would be a complete dump of the entire database including permissions setting etc... into a flat .csv file

B

laurabuckley;2333106 wrote:
Hi,

Perhaps we we better understood what it is you are trying to accomplish we would be in a better position to advise you?

What end result are you looking for?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you are migrating out of GW, you will most likely need to purchase software. There are essentially three ways to export data - GW Client API, SOAP or IMAP. These can use native passwords, or trusted application. It's not as simple as dumping to CSV.

Depending on what you want, there is software to write to PST, or software that will migrate directly to the Exchange message store.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Where is a list of the SOAP calls?
and, by GW client, are you referring to Console One?

dzanre;2333115 wrote:
If you are migrating out of GW, you will most likely need to purchase software. There are essentially three ways to export data - GW Client API, SOAP or IMAP. These can use native passwords, or trusted application. It's not as simple as dumping to CSV.

Depending on what you want, there is software to write to PST, or software that will migrate directly to the Exchange message store.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

wuzamarine;2333125 wrote:
Where is a list of the SOAP calls?
and, by GW client, are you referring to Console One?

You can start here:

https://www.novell.com/developer/ndk/groupwise/groupwise_web_service_(soap).html
0 Likes
Absent Member.

and the GW client, are you referring to Console One?

dzanre;2333127 wrote:
You can start here:

https://www.novell.com/developer/ndk/groupwise/groupwise_web_service_(soap).html
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Take a look at Quest software for their Exchange Migration utilities.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thank you!

dzanre;2333129 wrote:
I actually meant the "Object API" - https://www.novell.com/developer/ndk/groupwise/groupwise_object_api.html

ConsoleOne can export user info if you add gwport32.exe to it

http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=Hnvcrv78rfs~
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How do I dump the Groupwise database/mailstore into .csv for

wuzamarine wrote:

> Thank you!

And as Laura says, there is migration software - QUEST for direct migration,
Archive To Go/PST Creator to create PSTs, etc. If you feel like you can "roll
your own" the links I mentioned should help.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

wuzamarine;2333097 wrote:
But why would I need to download 3 gigs of server software and run through an entire provisioning process for what should simply be a little sed script?

Because its not 1992, and the data is not store in MBOX format.

Kernel Technologies also makes a good "move to exchange" thingy. We use it to archive mailboxes into PST files.

So all you have is the data? It must have lived on a working server at one point. Any hope of getting that server running?

As for reinstalling the POA agents, that's about 5 minutes work. Which is work worth doing, IMO.

SOAP requires a working groupwise server, so if you go down that rough you need to get GroupWise installed and working again.

Many ( but not all ) of the migration tools require a working server. Some of the data recovery tools can work with off-line files.

-- Bob
0 Likes
Absent Member.

mbox format? That means mutt can read it. mutt can easily be scripted to dump mail.
Where are the user mailboxes stored?

forget that.

The server is live but I only have a ssh connection to it.

Bob-O-Rama;2333283 wrote:
Because its not 1992, and the data is not store in MBOX format.

Kernel Technologies also makes a good "move to exchange" thingy. We use it to archive mailboxes into PST files.

So all you have is the data? It must have lived on a working server at one point. Any hope of getting that server running?

As for reinstalling the POA agents, that's about 5 minutes work. Which is work worth doing, IMO.

SOAP requires a working groupwise server, so if you go down that rough you need to get GroupWise installed and working again.

Many ( but not all ) of the migration tools require a working server. Some of the data recovery tools can work with off-line files.

-- Bob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.