addminjackline Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Convert GroupWise to Outlook?

I need to shift my entire email database from Novell GroupWise platform to Outlook as I have change my organization where outlook is in use. Can any one guide me or suggest me for best conversion tool for this process without effort more?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to Convert GroupWise to Outlook?

addminjackline;2258764 wrote:
I need to shift my entire email database from Novell GroupWise platform to Outlook as I have change my organization where outlook is in use. Can any one guide me or suggest me for best conversion tool for this process without effort more?

I'd say that's a better question to ask in the MS forums.

There are of course conversion tools available, as this is not a task you'd want to be doing manually.

-Willem
0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

Is this just for you personally? Or are you tasked with migrating your entire organization's GroupWise setup to Exchange / Outlook?

-- Bob
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also planning to migrate from GroupWise 14 to Outlook 2013. For this, I also have discussed this technical assignment with an IT expert. As per his opinion, I can try Stellar GroupWise to PST Converter. But, I can’t afford a paid Software.

Can anyone suggest a free stuff?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

JasonBates;2435238 wrote:
I am also planning to migrate from GroupWise 14 to Outlook 2013. For this, I also have discussed this technical assignment with an IT expert. As per his opinion, I can try Stellar GroupWise to PST Converter. But, I can’t afford a paid Software.

Can anyone suggest a free stuff?

Are you talking about many users or only a few? If only a few then connect using imap and copy from your mails from GW to Exchange.

Thomas
0 Likes
PatrickRoggers
New Member.

If you want to convert from Novell GroupWise to Outlook then, you also consider a third-party solution like Shoviv GrpupWise to Outlook converter tool which also offer a free trial version.

0 Likes
danw-mhtn
Visitor.

Are we talking about converting the client from GroupWise to Outlook, or are we talking about converting the entire system including the server back end.

There is a semantic issue here that most people who are not in the know equate Outlook with Exchange AND the Outlook Client.

I understand that you can connect Outlook to a GroupWise back-end through the Groupwise Mobility Service, though it is limited in functionality.

I have been asked about that too, and I have not gotten it to work completely ( cannot get the GroupWise System Address Book to be seen and used and the busy search isn't working as a result as well)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.