jasio Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to change Mailer-Daemon@SERVERNAME.domainname.com

When vacation rule are turned on, GroupWise sends an automatic response.
All automatic messages are sent from the address [email]Mailer-Daemon@SERVERNAME.domainname.com[/email].
How to change Mailer-Daemon@SERVERNAME.domainname.com to Mailer-Daemon@domainname.com?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to change Mailer-Daemon@SERVERNAME.domainname.com

Hi,

Personally I would recommend that automatic replies show the original sender's e-mail address instead of Postmaster or Mailer-Daemon.

To enable this feature, should you wish to, in the GroupWise Admin Console browse to and click the GWIA. On the SMTP/Mime tab click on Address Handling. Under Outbound Settings place a tick in the box next to Use GroupWise User Address as Mail From: for Rule Generated Messages.

Please let us know if this solves your problem or if you specifically want rule generated messages going out form Mailer-Daemon/Postmaster.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Am 04.02.2016 um 11:56 schrieb jasio:
>
> When vacation rule are turned on, GroupWise sends an automatic
> response.
> All automatic messages are sent from the address
> Mailer-Daemon@*SERVERNAME.*domainname.com.
> How to change Mailer-Daemon@SERVERNAME.domainname.com to
> Mailer-Daemon@domainname.com?
>
>

You can't, and by the RFC aren't allowed to. As Laura said, however you
can configure your system to send from the original account email
instead. But mailer-daemon is used in other places too, like automatic
error messages, and it's required "by law" to show the sending FQDN
hostname.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
lerris Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did what you were looking for by going to the SMTP/MIME tab on my GWIA, selecting Settings, and then making the necessary change in the "Hostname/DNS A Record name" field.

Hope that helps.

Dan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.