Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

How to find which users have an address in their FC?

Long story short:

A long time ago, Novell had a bug in their GWIA that changed/mangled all the internet email into the userid.po.domain@domain.com format

As such, we still have a lot of users that have 'bad' entries in their frequent contacts book.

Further exaccerbating the situation is that the user.po.domain is no longer valid (meaning the PO and Domain no longer exist, the user got moved).

Unfortunately asking the user to delete the address from their FC doesn't help much because all you need is one person that still has the "bad" address to reply to all or something and then those people do a reply to all and it'll get added back into the FC again.

So I was wanting/needing to know if there's a way to run a gwcheck that'll tell me who has a specific address in their FC.

I had gotten a special .DLL from Novell for the standalone gwcheck that can remove said entry, but I have to run it on a per-user basis.

Thanks!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to find which users have an address in their FC?

On 4/8/2010 8:46 AM, kjhurni wrote:
>
> Long story short:
>
> A long time ago, Novell had a bug in their GWIA that changed/mangled
> all the internet email into the userid.po.domain@domain.com format
>
> As such, we still have a lot of users that have 'bad' entries in their
> frequent contacts book.
>
> Further exaccerbating the situation is that the user.po.domain is no
> longer valid (meaning the PO and Domain no longer exist, the user got
> moved).
>
> Unfortunately asking the user to delete the address from their FC
> doesn't help much because all you need is one person that still has the
> "bad" address to reply to all or something and then those people do a
> reply to all and it'll get added back into the FC again.
>
> So I was wanting/needing to know if there's a way to run a gwcheck
> that'll tell me who has a specific address in their FC.
>
> I had gotten a special .DLL from Novell for the standalone gwcheck that
> can remove said entry, but I have to run it on a per-user basis.
>
> Thanks!
>
>

No way with a GWCHECK. You could write your own code using Formativ?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Thanks Mike.

You think too highly of my programming skills (haha). I can barely write a batch file.

I think I might've asked this question a long time ago, but was hoping something had changed with 8.x code.

I may have to open the SR with Novell again to see if they ever checked in the custom .DLL for me into the actual POA gwcheck so I could run it against the entire PO.
0 Likes
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I use this:

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/838/groupwise%20personal%20address%20book%20advanced%20search%20and%20replace

Has to be run from the users local WinDir, so I normaly copy it there,
and then do a runonce with Zen etc.

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

oooooh, that's cool.

Thanks so much Tommy!
0 Likes
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

>Thanks so much Tommy!

You're welcome

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.