Highlighted
krowland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to make a GW Mailbox portable for a departing user?

We are using Archiving in GroupWise to allow users a mechanism for keeping old emails without causing the "live" mail system disk size to grow uncontrollably. Now we are wondering if there is a way to provide this archive to a departing user in a way that they could read/search it once they are gone and no longer a GroupWise user.

I think this would be easy enough with the live mailbox, as one could just connect to GroupWise with one of the "universal" clients (Outl*** for example - gasp!) and collecting the mail as a .pst and sending the user on their merry way with their file(s). Please correct me if I am wrong here. But what about a GroupWise Archive (without unarchiving all the contents)?

Is providing the GW client on a machine that has been run in caching mode and brought up to date and then moving the archive to that machine a valid solution, technically and legally (EULA), not-withstanding the corporate approval to give the user a copy of the mailbox?

Thanks,

Ken
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to make a GW Mailbox portable for a departing user?

You could do it those ways, technically (not sure about the GW client legality portion, but I don't believe Novell charges for the client, but rather the "mailbox", so once it's gone, that's it).

I prefer to use the Advansys Archive to Go product, myself.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.