Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Howto create a GrpWise18 user with a specific File ID (FID)

I am looking to create a user account in Groupwise18 with a specific FID in order to upload mailbox archives into it. Would appreciate any useful help as needed.

PS: Do not have consoleOne installed with Groupwise18.

Syed
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Syed,

From GroupWise 2014 onwards you use the REST api to create users with a specific FID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014868

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How would I access an archive (with password) for a deleted user? Would it still need the password if a create a user with the same FID?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On current code, if the FID matches, you don't need the archive's password. Generally it depends a little on when (i.e. with which client build) the archive has been touched. If it was a GW2014 or later build, the following would apply:

- you can simply rename the archive path name and access the archive as someone else provided you know the password of the archive

- if you create a user with the FID of the archive this user can access the archive without knowing the password. The user's name does NOT have to match, it's just about the FID.

If you like it: like it.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thank you for Replying.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.