endwood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I want to upload a list of words for quickcorrect

I have a list of words for quickcorrect that i want a group of our employees to all have. It would be a list of a several thousand. I found the .UWL file but have no software to edit it. What are my options?

Thanks, Ellen
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: I want to upload a list of words for quickcorrect

Hi Ellen,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

The WT61XX.UWL cannot be edited directly, but there is a manual work around. On one workstation open the client, create a new mail. Place all your custom words into the mail and add them to Quick Correct. This should update the local WT61XX.UWL file. with the GroupWise client closed copy that file to the correct location on the other computers. That should work.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
endwood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for the quick response! When you say
"Place all your custom words into the mail and add them to Quick Correct." Can this be done in bulk or do i have to add one by one?

Thanks?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Copy and paste the entire word list if you have it. Adding each word to the Quick Correct list would have to be done word for word I'm afraid!

Please let us know let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
endwood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura, one more question. Can a user have more than one .UWL file on their system. What if they had their own with the words that were important to them and then i shared the one i want to create as well?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

As far as I am aware you can only have one. The customer will lose their custom settings if you proceed down this path.

We, the community, are here to help and share experiences so please feel free to ask as many questions as you like 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.