ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Commander
Commander

IMAP 4000 item limit using Transend migrator

Hi,
I am trying to export a huge volume of old project emails, and some folders have over 50,000 items in them (!)
A huge job, which I'd rather hoped would be made easy with Transend Migrator.

It seems to stop at 4000 items though. The suspicion is it's an IMAP limit or setting, but IMAP is only enabled on the post office, and I can't see any setting or options?

Any ideas? Transend migrator uses IMAP as it's recommendation for mail archiving, and it seems 4000 has to be a limit as it's a very precise number and on a folder with over 10 time that in it, it's got to be a setting.

Thanks, Alan
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Thank you for such a quick and spot on response 🙂
While I have you, is there anything you can recommend on the Group Wise side to ensure the best possible performance of this export operation? What about GW maintenance, does that cause any issues you know of when mailbox maintenance (contents/structure etc) run?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

For such a one-time-operation i'd try to avoid concurrent i/o intensive operations such as gwcheck. Generally, mail is all about i/o. If your operation involves deleting stuff from the PO after exporting it you'll definitely see your spindles at work as in this case it's like archiving: the deletions cause the pressure. Other than that i'd definitely triplecheck that the indexes of the mailbox in question are in shape and up to date BEFORE starting. If they are broken or otherwise outdated this will be a killer, at least when running IMAP on the GWIA (and i'd doubt it would do any better on the POA).
If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.