briggs1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

IMAP client errors retrieving mailbox content

Guys, I'm trying to access GroupWise accounts via an Outlook 2016 client, using IMAP as the server connector.

It works well, I am only trying to read data, not syncing data back into GroupWise or anything, but I consistently get sync errors and the item count in GroupWise does not match that in Outlook.

Sync Errors are shown in Outlook - Error Synchronizing folder. [800CCCD2-0-0-560]

So for example, GroupWise may show 7000 items in a folder, in Outlook you show 6943. And you see sync errors. It's the same error number each time, and it's happening on many mailboxes.

Any tips or ideas at all? Any likely candidates for items that Outlook won't like? Something IMAP has issues processing perhaps?

Thanks in advance. Alan

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
NoDau Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: IMAP client errors retrieving mailbox content

Hi,

my first guess is a corrupted user db or missing blob files in groupwise. sometimes mails appear in the client without content. you see the subject only. when you try to open the mail some cxxx error my appear.

you could run a gwcheck on the user po. 

Norman
BahSIG Bahn-Signalbau GmbH
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

What have you set the IMAP limit for the number of email to be downloaded to?  And have you set the "imap read new" switch to ensure that new email are always downloaded first?

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
briggs1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Must be an Outlook issue - Mozilla Thunderbird shows all of the items
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Must be an Outlook issue - Mozilla Thunderbird shows all of the items

likely a part of, but might not be the entire issue.  Thunderbird's IMAP is just another implementation might just be working around these particular message problems better than Outlook's is.  This is a good time to make sure you GroupWise system is healthy.

The checks can be automated as per  https://www.konecnyconsulting.ca/gw/gwmnt.html

and then most importantly to check the logs afterwards to make sure there isn't something that needs a manual prodding.  https://www.konecnyconsulting.ca/gw/gwlogs.html

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.