Thomas Reibenwein Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Initial sync and multiple personal/shared address books

We found the following issue in Build 39.1111 and also in 41.1151:

If a user has more than one personal/shared address books the mobility connector syncs all of them to its cache and than to the device even if you select only a few of them in the user´s setting at the GroupWise connector.

This is a problem, if the user has e.g. a shared address book with thousands of contacts like we have.

Not sure, what the real reason is, but repeating this steps resolves it somewhen

- delete user from mobility connector
- change the address books for the user in gw connector and save
- delete cache of gw & mobility connector
- restart gw & mobility connector
- add user to mobility connector
- check the folder list for the address books
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
mjwojciechowski
New Member.

Re: Initial sync and multiple personal/shared address books

Confirm that generally I have problem with address books syncing WM6 device (Ultimate 9502).
Only "rule" is that from GroupWise items from selected book are synchronizing properly to device. But for initial synchronization sometimes Frequent Contacts are synchronized, and I couln't synchronize items from phone to GroupWise.
Looks like AddressBook name <-> Categories on phone problem.
I have situation when contacts from ABook named Phone go to category "Contacts" on phone, but Phone category was not created 😕
Regards for all technology previewers 😉
Alien
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.