smkornegay Contributor.
Contributor.

Installation of GW Messenger 18

Can this be installed on the GroupWise 18 server or should it be on it's own server?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Installation of GW Messenger 18

Hi,

It can be on your GroupWise 18 server.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
smkornegay Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks Laura! We are adding Mobility also and read that it needed to be on a different server than WebAccess due to port 80/443 conflicts. Wasn't sure about Messenger.
0 Likes
greiner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

i don't know how big is your groupwise deployment, how many users are working/connected.

I have install Messenger on a separate virtual Server and so are on a secure side to have both applications running correctly.

This is my experience, but it is your choice!

cg
0 Likes
smkornegay Contributor.
Contributor.

We are a small agency with about 200 email users. I will keep all of this in mind. Thanks!
0 Likes
smkornegay Contributor.
Contributor.

Installed GW Messenger accepting mostly the defaults. Only issue is that there is no syncing of GroupWise email accounts (I am assuming from the local database) to the Messenger user list. Can we not sync using the GroupWise LDAP server and the local GroupWise email user database?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

This might assist you: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/messenger18_admin/data/akpgk1b.html

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
smkornegay Contributor.
Contributor.

laurabuckley;2500017 wrote:
Hi,

This might assist you: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/messenger18_admin/data/akpgk1b.html

Cheers,

Thank you again Laura. That was pretty obvious. I blame Monday...
0 Likes
smkornegay Contributor.
Contributor.

We had an issue with Messenger logs (I believe...) taking down our new SLES 12 SP4 server that hosts GroupWise. We decided not to reinstall since our SUSU support was not renewed and we managed to get GroupWise back up.

Question: Can Messenger run on Windows? I cannot find the installer for Messenger 18.1.1 for Windows Server.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Smkornegay,

> Question: Can Messenger run on Windows? I cannot find the installer
> for Messenger 18.1.1 for Windows Server.

Messenger 18.x is Linux only

Pam

0 Likes
smkornegay Contributor.
Contributor.

probello;2500677 wrote:
Smkornegay,

> Question: Can Messenger run on Windows? I cannot find the installer
> for Messenger 18.1.1 for Windows Server.

Messenger 18.x is Linux only

Pam

I was afraid of that. Since we no longer get Linux support with our GroupWise purchase (and have had three SuSE server crashes in as many weeks with no support - which we were unaware until we needed it to recover), we were looking at migrating the entire system to Windows. Messenger gives us another conundrum now with it only working on Linux. Ugh...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.