Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Installing GMS issue

Just prove it can be done I installed SLES 11 SP3 with Add-on OES11 SP2 a little while back, and have a working server with a working GroupWise system including Web Access.
I want to go the next stage and (think) I have installed a XEN virtual machine (SLES11 again), onto which I want to install GroupWise Mobility Server. However, I don't seem to be getting very far, even though I'm trying to follow a Cool Solutions article by Gregg Hinchmann.

I have created a Trusted App, and have created a key file (this was done on the Host SLES machine) now I need to copy this gwtamobility.key file to the VM / Mobility server, but I can't for the life of me work out how to do this. I'm feeling a little stupid, as I guess it must be quite simple but I'm new in this VM business and don't understand how I can copy it from the host machine to the virtual machine, before I can tackle the rest of the installation.

Can anyone enlighten me, as the install guide says "Copy the key file to a convenient location on the Mobility server. The Installation program
automatically transfers the trusted application key from the key file into the configuration of the GroupWise Sync Agent" ... this does not actually help me...

Jerome
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Installing GMS issue

Hi,

Open a terminal session on the host and use SCP to copy the file to the virtual machine - just a suggestion.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Along with Laura's suggestion of SCP. You can use rsync, ftp, or simply copy the file to your local workstation then up to the VM...or you can send yourself an email with the file in an attachment and then open it with WebAccess on the VM and save the file to the local directory. Be creative...it's Linux. 🙂

Good luck!

--El

zexec4;2332775 wrote:
Just prove it can be done I installed SLES 11 SP3 with Add-on OES11 SP2 a little while back, and have a working server with a working GroupWise system including Web Access.
I want to go the next stage and (think) I have installed a XEN virtual machine (SLES11 again), onto which I want to install GroupWise Mobility Server. However, I don't seem to be getting very far, even though I'm trying to follow a Cool Solutions article by Gregg Hinchmann.

I have created a Trusted App, and have created a key file (this was done on the Host SLES machine) now I need to copy this gwtamobility.key file to the VM / Mobility server, but I can't for the life of me work out how to do this. I'm feeling a little stupid, as I guess it must be quite simple but I'm new in this VM business and don't understand how I can copy it from the host machine to the virtual machine, before I can tackle the rest of the installation.

Can anyone enlighten me, as the install guide says "Copy the key file to a convenient location on the Mobility server. The Installation program
automatically transfers the trusted application key from the key file into the configuration of the GroupWise Sync Agent" ... this does not actually help me...

Jerome

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks Laura & Elbert.

I may have bigger issues in relation to my VM, as it won't browse to external URLs. I'm finding I can ping the host and vice versa, but not externally. I may have to look further into the VM configuration, and I guess that may mean opening a post in another forum.

(When I first set up the VM it broke the working DHCP on the host, and I've only just had Novell support fix that).

Cheers. Jerome
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.