Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2142 views

Intenet mail delivery confirmation

Hi,

I have upgraded from GroupWise 6.5 to GroupWise 8hp1 on Netware 6.5 sp8.
Now the internet delivery status confirmation does not work anymore.
The recipient side doesn´t make any modifications.
Has anybody seen this problem?

Thank you.
Hubert

Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intenet mail delivery confirmation

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:35:26 +0000, Hubert Baiker wrote:

> I have upgraded from GroupWise 6.5 to GroupWise 8hp1 on Netware 6.5 sp8.
> Now the internet delivery status confirmation does not work anymore. The
> recipient side doesn´t make any modifications. Has anybody seen this
> problem?


Check your GWIA config to make sure it's still requesting these. Also
the clients can request this, and that option is in tools->options-
>environment.





--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner
Your Linux is ready.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intenet mail delivery confirmation

Have you rechecked the delivery confirmation settings, both in the client
and in C1

Cheers Dave


--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intenet mail delivery confirmation



>>> On 10.03.2009 at 13:13, in message

<aQstl.3650$Ht3.2071@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Joseph
Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:35:26 +0000, Hubert Baiker wrote:
>
>> I have upgraded from GroupWise 6.5 to GroupWise 8hp1 on Netware 6.5 sp8.
>> Now the internet delivery status confirmation does not work anymore. The
>> recipient side doesn´t make any modifications. Has anybody seen this
>> problem?

>
> Check your GWIA config to make sure it's still requesting these. Also
> the clients can request this, and that option is in tools->options-
>>environment.

>
>


Joseph,

in the send options of the client, status tracking I have activated "Enable
delivery confirmation" and "Send notification to my mailbox".
I have also activated in the gwia- other gateway setting - Outbound Status
Level to
opened. Do I miss something?

Thank you for your help
Hubert


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intenet mail delivery confirmation



>>> On 10.03.2009 at 13:31, in message

<xn0g7hw7u5mhzix017@forums.novell.com>,
Dave Parkes<Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote:
> Have you rechecked the delivery confirmation settings, both in the client


>
> and in C1
>
> Cheers Dave


Dave,

see my answer to Joseph. Do I miss something?

Thank you
Hubert

0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intenet mail delivery confirmation

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:38:23 +0000, Hubert Baiker wrote:

> I
> have also activated in the gwia- other gateway setting - Outbound
> Status Level to
> opened. Do I miss something?


SMTP/MIME->ESMTP Settings

Make sure "Enable Delivery Status Notification (DSN)" is checked.



--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner
Your Linux is ready.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intenet mail delivery confirmation

To Hubert Baiker

>I have also activated in the gwia- other gateway setting - Outbound Status
>Level to
>opened. Do I miss something?


Now this one you probably don't want - as it tells people who send *you*
mail when you've opened the message. As Joe says, this is the other one to
look for in the properties of the GWIA

SMTP/MIME->ESMTP Settings

Make sure "Enable Delivery Status Notification (DSN)" is checked.

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intenet mail delivery confirmation



>>> On 10.03.2009 at 14:55, in message

<Cjutl.3705$Ht3.3203@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Joseph
Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:38:23 +0000, Hubert Baiker wrote:
>
>> I
>> have also activated in the gwia- other gateway setting - Outbound
>> Status Level to
>> opened. Do I miss something?

>
> SMTP/MIME->ESMTP Settings
>
> Make sure "Enable Delivery Status Notification (DSN)" is checked.
>

Yes this is also checked.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.