jgosney
New Member.

Internet Addressing override?

Here's a scenario that we're facing that I need your input on.

Our domain is genesco.com. In Internet Addressing, we have an additional domain called domain2.com which is also a legitimate domain for a real company out there. This is set up because we have one person in our system who's email needs to appear to come from domain2.com instead of genesco.com.

We have internet addressing turned on and also first/last completion in all of its forms because we have some apps that use first/last completion to send mail

Here's the problem. We have a user named joe smith in genesco.com (userid jsmith). There is also a REAL user named joe smith at domain2.com. When a person here sends an email to joe.smith@domain2.com, the internet addressing, because of name matching, is instead routing the email to jsmith@genesco.com. When we turn off the name matching, the problem goes away but we can't turn it off in production.

Is there a way to send a message to joe.smith@domain2.com that would override or bypass the name completion and force it to be routed through the gwia to the outside world? Some format we could put the name in to accomplish this?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Internet Addressing override?

Just a thought, what happens if you change *your* joe.smith to known only
by genesco in his address overrides ?

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
jgosney
New Member.

DParkes;1744812 wrote:
Just a thought, what happens if you change *your* joe.smith to known only
by genesco in his address overrides ?

David, that seems to have done it. I changed our joe smith to that setting and then sent an email to joe.smith@domain2.com and it went out correctly. Then I tested it again by sending a message to myself at jim.gosney@domain2.com (and didn't set that option for my address) and it delivered to my genesco.com account.

Thanks! I never would have come up with that one on my own.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Glad to help, and your joe only needs the one domain ?. The final test
might be to ask him to send a test mail to his doppelganger

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.