JimGolden Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1328 views

Internet Calendar Publishing

I am trying to publish a user's calendar that is also shared among several users. When the calendar is updated, the update appears on the shared calendars in the office, but not to the subscribed calendars on the remote devices (iPhones). Is this possible or am I wasting my time and I need to look for another solution?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Golden
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Internet Calendar Publishing

I'm assuming you've setup and enabled the CalPub host, etc?

And that the iPhone can get to the CalPub host from outside your network (ie, you've opened the firewall holes, etc. to be publicly accessible)?
0 Likes
JimGolden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Internet Calendar Publishing

Yes. I can access the publishing host from outside the network and can successfully subscribe to calendars. It just seems that this particular calendar is not pushing updates out to the subscribers.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Internet Calendar Publishing

JimGolden;2214522 wrote:
Yes. I can access the publishing host from outside the network and can successfully subscribe to calendars. It just seems that this particular calendar is not pushing updates out to the subscribers.


If you access the published calendar, does it show up properly (web access portion of CalPub)?

And how are you subscribing? I think there's a few diff. ways. Obviously the GW client isn't in the picture in this case (iOS). Are you using iCAL or what app in the iPhone?
0 Likes
JimGolden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Internet Calendar Publishing

kjhurni;2214539 wrote:
If you access the published calendar, does it show up properly (web access portion of CalPub)?

And how are you subscribing? I think there's a few diff. ways. Obviously the GW client isn't in the picture in this case (iOS). Are you using iCAL or what app in the iPhone?


I am replying via an email invitation and by choosing the subscribe link. Could it have something to do with the secretary updating his calendar from the shared calendar in her client instead of proxying into his account and updating the calendar there?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Internet Calendar Publishing

JimGolden;2214806 wrote:
I am replying via an email invitation and by choosing the subscribe link. Could it have something to do with the secretary updating his calendar from the shared calendar in her client instead of proxying into his account and updating the calendar there?


Not sure, but I guess I was just wanting to check that the actual web-based portion (if you look at the published calendar from a regular pc) shows properly, then at least we know that the CalPub is doing its job.

To be honest, I've never subscribed to a calendar outside of GroupWise Client. So I'm trying to narrow down if it's an iOS thing, or a CalPub thing.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.