Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Invalid Post Office when trying to create a new user GW2014

Update for 2012 to 2014 only seems to go ok !

I can login via client, Webacc and GWIA receivng emails

I have SR open for Directory Sync problems but I thought rest was good to go !

But, whilst I wait I need to Create a couple of new users who started today

When I try to create a new user I receive an error Invalid Post Office & nothing in the drop down!

What have I missed
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Invalid Post Office when trying to create a new user GW2

Hi,

Where are you trying to create the users - Admin Console or iManager?

Please let us know, thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

emm... iManage doesn't understand GW (isn't that why Consoleone was needed 2012 ?)

so admin console

Ok after a bit of "fiddling" around - I've managed to create users in Admin Console BUT these are NOT synced to eDir !
(not something I'm comfortable with so negotiated shutdown to remove a RAID pair to play with on a spare box)

added some additional MTA sync schedules (would be nice it was LIVE sync!)
the new users DON'T have Network id - the existing ones do !
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

In GroupWise 2014 there is a plugin for iManager, see documentation here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_sys_admcon_ldap_mgt_tool.html

From what I gather in your other thread you are experiencing LDAP issues - if this is the case, the sync will probably not be successful until this is sorted out.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Further to what I said above, from what I understand, if you create a GroupWise account in the Admin Console, you will then have to go and create the eDirectory user account as a separate step and then associate the two.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura

The iManager plugin does the job!!

Once the plugin is installed & configured *1

New user created via iManager creates and updates as expected

*1 this should be done by the INSTALL - IMHO ! (or at least prompted )

Excellent very simple upgrade from GW2012 to 2014. Excellent but...

very,very poor documentation. Jumps around too much I guess to be useful to everyone but something is lost in that... SIMPLE!
Novell should run through a step-by-step SIMPLE, Single Server, Single Domain config for their products
one set of docs for Linux, one set for Windows ..... (would make a great "evaluators" guide too)

even users with 1000's or Domains & PO's will find it useful... again IMHO of course

laurabuckley;2400035 wrote:
Hi,

In GroupWise 2014 there is a plugin for iManager, see documentation here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_sys_admcon_ldap_mgt_tool.html

From what I gather in your other thread you are experiencing LDAP issues - if this is the case, the sync will probably not be successful until this is sorted out.

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Firstly... at the bottom of each page of the official Novell documentation is a link whereby you can post feedback - did you do this? With out that they won't know what they are doing wrong.

Personally, I rely on Danita's guides: http://postie.caledonia.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=205

If you would like to suggest an enhancement request to the install process, I suggest that you submit it here: https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-gw

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.